Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2023, 10:11 AM

11,800 posts, read 8,008,183 times

Advertisements

Reminds me of Doraville GA and Cobb County. Doraville used to setup on I-285 religiously at the Peachtree Industrial Blvd (GA-141) interchange and setup speed traps. Technically in GA, municipal and county police were allowed to patrol the interstate so long as they purchased a permit and acquired state approved speed detection devices. But GA also heavily condemned profit induced speed trap and several lawsuits against counties who executed them for the purposes of profit had been filed and won. Cobb County was notoriously patrolled by the county and they have lost several lawsuits as well, which eventually lead to them decreasing their presence on I-75 through Cobb county.

I-75, which is a major highway that connects to Florida was notoriously patrolled for speeders by local enforcement as it was filled to the brim with tourists traffic. several lawsuits later, Georgia made it a law that local and municpal police could not ticket speeds for up to 5 MPH over the limit, although technically a trooper can get you for 1 over the limit if he really wanted to, most won't do anything unless you exceed 10 MPH over though as most judges will just throw it out of court.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: