Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2023, 01:10 PM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
It is not a good looking breed IMO.
I don't care if the dog is "good looking breed" or not. What matters to me if it can tear off your face unexpectedly or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2023, 04:26 PM

1,037 posts, read 875,808 times
Quite frankly, I'm impressed trash like this got this kind of bail so quickly.

Bottom line, this whole story is as much a failure of the owners as it is ACS. They aren't being held as accountable as they should be in this and perhaps including them in the lawsuit is something TJH will do as this moves forward.

This city is MASSIVELY behind on their treatment of these cases, as well as animal control in-general. It starts with a very luddite mindset from citizens and goes on from there.

Old 03-23-2023, 04:27 PM

1,037 posts, read 875,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
Allowing these people to own a pit bull was a disaster waiting to happen.
Allowing people like this to reproduce should also be a crime.

But I digress...

Old 03-23-2023, 05:37 PM

3,265 posts, read 1,414,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBaby View Post
Quite frankly, I'm impressed trash like this got this kind of bail so quickly.

Bottom line, this whole story is as much a failure of the owners as it is ACS. They aren't being held as accountable as they should be in this and perhaps including them in the lawsuit is something TJH will do as this moves forward.

This city is MASSIVELY behind on their treatment of these cases, as well as animal control in-general. It starts with a very luddite mindset from citizens and goes on from there.
What I find to be offensive and laughable is how the city has dedicated hundreds of millions of dollars to a completely ineffective jobs training program over the past couple of years (funded by a, I think, 1/8 cent sales tax increase), yet the fail to provide basic, fundamental services for safety, like adequate animal control services. I’m a liberal guy and believe in things like jobs programs, but the city has to take care of the basics before anything else and it has failed to do that here (and in other areas as well).

Last edited by WVNomad; 03-23-2023 at 05:37 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 03-23-2023, 06:46 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure110 View Post
I don't care if the dog is "good looking breed" or not. What matters to me if it can tear off your face unexpectedly or not.

Right!!
They had 4 kids living there with the dogs. Disaster was waiting to happen!!

Old 03-23-2023, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
What I find to be offensive and laughable is how the city has dedicated hundreds of millions of dollars to a completely ineffective jobs training program over the past couple of years (funded by a, I think, 1/8 cent sales tax increase), yet the fail to provide basic, fundamental services for safety, like adequate animal control services. I’m a liberal guy and believe in things like jobs programs, but the city has to take care of the basics before anything else and it has failed to do that here (and in other areas as well).
Yes, stray dogs are a problem in San Antonio. They are hungry, and a hungry dog will attack - no matter what breed.
I am afraid to go walking/biking in most of the parks. Especially where homeless camp - along Salado Creek it's the worst. Trash and dogs. Dangerous areas.

San Antonio has had a notorious reputation for its issue with stray dogs and animal overpopulation for decades, but COVID-19 only exacerbated the problem.

ACS facilities are bursting at the seams as are their rescue partners and other foster groups who work to save as many of these dogs from euthanasia as they can.

At any given time, the city of San Antonio says their stray and roaming dog population is at about 35,000.
I think the number is much higher. They multiply, no?

San Antonio wants the public to share your questions about and experiences with aggressive and/or stray dogs in San Antonio.

What for? This is a decades old problem, everything what was to say and complain about was said already. Nothing was done. No one noticed any changes.

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2023...n-san-antonio/

New pilot program just started? Returning them to owners??? Obviously the owners don't want them!
I am not holding my breath.

https://news4sanantonio.com/news/loc...t-fully-funded

Old 03-24-2023, 02:42 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,048,399 times
Quote:
It's not about "what you don't care about", I was just stating my opinion on the breed.

Old 03-24-2023, 06:16 AM

6,707 posts, read 8,778,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington Steel View Post
It's not about "what you don't care about", I was just stating my opinion on the breed.
Point taken. I wasn't attacking your opinion and didn't mean to come across that way.

Just saying too many people get hung up on how the dog looks or how cute/mean/smart it looks in order to fit their needs or personality. Too many once cute puppies get dumped here once they grow up too.

Old 03-24-2023, 10:16 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,048,399 times
Quote:
Point taken. I wasn't attacking your opinion and didn't mean to come across that way.

Just saying too many people get hung up on how the dog looks or how cute/mean/smart it looks in order to fit their needs or personality. Too many once cute puppies get dumped here once they grow up too.
That’s the main reason why my wife and I never go to the pound. Because we would end up taking about 6 puppies home….smh. Our current dog was a stray we adopted from Guam. True story of rags to “riches” in his case. He’s an awesome dog.

Old 07-28-2023, 07:37 PM

Here we go. Another case:

https://www.expressnews.com/news/art...e-18266277.php
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio