Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 02:02 PM

21 posts, read 77,612 times

Advertisements

i currently live in Atlanta but grew up in San Antonio and Boerne, so i was curious what all is going on in that neck of the woods. from what i hear its blowing up and they are building a 2nd high school. plus a lot of business, including 2 new hospitals.

i didnt see a thread regarding boerne so i figured i would start one to pool all the information regarding Boerne's development. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2007, 02:12 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,243,051 times
I believe there's something like 7,000 housing starts for 2006. Not bad for Boerne.

Boerne also has a Mercedes-Benz dealership.

http://www.mbboerne.com/

Old 01-06-2007, 05:21 PM

119 posts, read 544,201 times
How long has it been since you've been there? Do you know there's a Chili's and a Home Depot as of about 5 years ago? As you drive out 10 there are housing developments being built the entire span from 1604 to Fair Oaks. Leon Springs has some KB and Centex (tract homes) developments west of 10 which are pretty unsightly in my opinion. The other neighborhoods are nice though. From Fair Oaks to Boerne there are some more businesses along the access roads but you still feel like you're getting away from San Antonio. From the point where you exit on business 87 (which turns into Main St.) until you get to the heart of Boerne it is nearly completely developed. This has just happened in the last few years. Downtown is not much different from what I have always remembered it as. Lots of boutique shops, many more restaurants though, and a wine bar (The Cellar on Main). It seems lots of folks make the trip for an evening from SA. They are building some housing around but Boerne has done a good job of keeping their look. There are plans to put a loop around Boerne sometime in the not so near future.

There has been a lot of controversy over the name of the new high school. Too much to get into here.

In a nutshell, it is growing, but not like 281 N, and the Sea World areas.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:18 PM
lcw

118 posts, read 669,626 times
Methodist is building a hospital at Menger Springs which is between Boerne and SA.
A Toyota dealership was added near Mercedes.
Is is going to be a loop around Boerne or are they just going to do more of a Bypass 46?

Old 01-07-2007, 03:22 PM

89 posts, read 353,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobvandy View Post

In a nutshell, it is growing, but not like 281 N, and the Sea World areas.
True, but that area has much more money than any other area in sa. Period. Dominion/ferrari, mazzarati dealer/la cantera. Maybe growth is slowed by costs?

Old 01-07-2007, 05:03 PM

They have proposed a loop as of the Boerne Master Plan Update in 9/06. I do not know what the current thoughts are though. I live in St. Louis, but try to stay in touch. The location it would cross I-10 is roughly where business 87 (Main st.) meets up with 10 and has that general radius.

Old 01-08-2007, 07:59 AM

well i was out there over the christmas holiday to visit family and was taken out on 46 where they built cibilo elementary and are starting to build champion high school (my principal when i was in school). its just amazing the housing developments that are going up on both sides of 10.

i was told there are some proposed residential developments that are being fought by the other boerne residents b/c they are trying to prevent getting too large. my mother, a teacher in BISD also told me that when they passed the school bonds it was to keep the high schools from going 5A, but will be 5A anyway whenever they open the new school (fall '08 i believe). and even with the addition of the new school will soon grow to 2-5A high schools. (talk about crap planning by the superintendent and school board)

i'm just curious what other developments, residential and commercial, are planned aside from what has already started (and what i was able to see when i was there)

Old 01-08-2007, 08:06 AM

Atlanta, when did you graduate and you said you also grew up in SA, which area?

Old 01-08-2007, 08:22 AM

graduated from boerne 6 years ago. my family lived in the redland oaks area of SA when i was in elementary school (drove by that area too when i was in town. my god has it changed as well, i didnt even recognize it)

Old 01-11-2007, 10:57 AM

any other news in boerne? housing? any commericial/retail stuff? i've heard about some of the new restaurants and the home depot, but anything that hasnt been built yet?

TIA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio