U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2008, 08:45 PM

4,290 posts, read 8,928,828 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for a place which will deliver sod but not install it? I just want them to drop it off, preferably Bermuda, but I'd go with Turfalo (or Texas Turf) if that comes in sod. We don't need a lot, but one pallet will work.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 08:47 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,228,866 times
try Martin Marieta or MG of 211

Old 06-07-2008, 10:09 PM

317 posts, read 1,680,738 times
Default trying to remember...

We used a company on Grissom road, and I can't remember their name right now- sorry! They are on Grissom just before Bandera, on the right hand side of the road. You can see their sign from the road- call the number and you should reach the "Sod-father" (no kidding) or his wife- they are real nice. They don't go by that name, but thats what the lady called her husband, and I thought it was too funny! Their sign is on a lot with a small house- they do not do business from the house though, so don't bother going there, call the number instead. They meet you there in the lot. If I go that way tomorrow or the next day I will get their name and number for you and post it here. I just cant remember it right now. D*mn old age!

We got Bermuda sod from them last year. Talked to the lady, met her there and paid for it, got my receipt of course, and they delivered it as scheduled- and it was good sod. We had ordered 3 pallets full, and they delivered it right in the driveway early morning. We had a choice of sod, between sandy soil or dark earthy kind ( horrible description here, sorry) and we chose the dark, and it is doing great. We were very pleased with these people and the sod.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
try Martin Marieta or MG of 211
Hmm, neither of those appear to sell sod, only materials such as rock, dirt. I couldn't find sod on the websites.

Old 06-08-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmjsm View Post
We used a company on Grissom road, and I can't remember their name right now- sorry! They are on Grissom just before Bandera, on the right hand side of the road. You can see their sign from the road- call the number and you should reach the "Sod-father" (no kidding) or his wife- they are real nice. They don't go by that name, but thats what the lady called her husband, and I thought it was too funny! Their sign is on a lot with a small house- they do not do business from the house though, so don't bother going there, call the number instead. They meet you there in the lot. If I go that way tomorrow or the next day I will get their name and number for you and post it here. I just cant remember it right now. D*mn old age!
Thanks so much! I appreciate the reference. I will try to get over to Grissom and see if I can find them.

Old 06-10-2008, 05:13 PM

554 posts, read 2,186,904 times
We had sod delivered a couple months ago. We ordered St. Augustine from Del's grass farm. www.delsgrassfarm.com (broken link). They delivered 2 pallets to our house and just left it in the driveway for us.

He said that if you want to price compare to just look up "sod farm" in the phone book and call around.

Old 06-13-2008, 08:40 AM

Just in case anyone is wondering...here are the prices I've found for Bermuda

Name Price/pallet Delivery Min. # pallets
Del's Grass $105 $75 2
Ambassador Grass $118.66 incl. tax $100 2
Mike's Higgins Grass $125 $50 2
Specialty Turf $125 $80 1
Grissom Road place $135 $75 1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio