Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 04:54 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,505,520 times

Advertisements

are you talking about post #44 cause thats where i got the quote from.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,392,256 times
looks like somebody is trying to put words in your mouth...

I'm not a big gravel truck fan at all and have always wanted to chuck a bunch of rocks at them to see how much they like it.. I realize they're just doing a job, but surely there is a better method. Those things rain rocks and that's with the cheesy tarp up..

Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
lol you should see how many "hit and run" claims I get. Apperanlty people dont bother reading the signs on the back of my trailer warning them about broken winshields. dont get me wrong, I take extra precausions because I dont want to do things that I dont want other people doing to me. For starters I use a tarp so no rock can go flying out, after I dump i clean the skirts and mudflaps make shure theres no rocks.
Your sign is meaningless. If something falls off or out of whatever you're driving, you're at fault. No matter what you put on there. It will only scare off the uninformed.

Old 06-11-2008, 04:56 PM

[quote=SanAntoQT;4071049][quote=svg210;4070868]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post

So, how did you determine that these were native San Antonians?
this is post 44. the code is jacked at the beginning, but the words are the same..

Old 06-11-2008, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
Your sign is meaningless. If something falls off or out of whatever you're driving, you're at fault. No matter what you put on there. It will only scare off the uninformed.
Uhh no its not, cause you'll have to prove it, for instance if your tail gaiting me and a rock fall on your windshield, by rule of thumb youre gonna get angry at me, but its your own fault because 1 youre folowing to close, 2 you dont pass me. 3 how do you know it was actually me i could of kicked up some loose material from the road, or it could of been the truck in front of me. a falling object is not covered by most insurance companies and is not against the law.

In fact the law requires me to have mud flaps, mud fenders on my tandem axles, and my load tarped, if I have all those things then its really not my fault unless my load falls out on to the road.

and for the last time the sign there is to warn people if Texas law states that you must observe road signs. as lots of commercial drivers like to warn you about the risks like "this truck makes right turns" their Hazmat's, "pass to the left", "Passing side" "suicide" "if you cant see my mirros I cant see you" "oversized load" etc....

if you want to ignore or plain disregard the signs and then you wont seem like a smart guy telling the cop that his sign was meaning less? are you kidding me? He'll laugh at you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
looks like somebody is trying to put words in your mouth...

I'm not a big gravel truck fan at all and have always wanted to chuck a bunch of rocks at them to see how much they like it.. I realize they're just doing a job, but surely there is a better method. Those things rain rocks and that's with the cheesy tarp up..
ill tell you what I replace my windshields annually because I get cracked spots aswell. there are some drivers that dont put up their tarps or bother to clean the rails after dumping.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:36 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,456,621 times
Quote:
are you talking about post #44 cause thats where i got the quote from.
You'd better check again. You quoted post #46, but credited me with that comment! Geez!

Old 06-11-2008, 06:39 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,793,059 times
Quote:
Uhh no its not, cause you'll have to prove it, for instance if your tail gaiting me and a rock fall on your windshield, by rule of thumb youre gonna get angry at me, but its your own fault because 1 youre folowing to close, 2 you dont pass me. 3 how do you know it was actually me i could of kicked up some loose material from the road, or it could of been the truck in front of me. a falling object is not covered by most insurance companies and is not against the law.

In fact the law requires me to have mud flaps, mud fenders on my tandem axles, and my load tarped, if I have all those things then its really not my fault unless my load falls out on to the road.

and for the last time the sign there is to warn people if Texas law states that you must observe road signs. as lots of commercial drivers like to warn you about the risks like "this truck makes right turns" their Hazmat's, "pass to the left", "Passing side" "suicide" "if you cant see my mirros I cant see you" "oversized load" etc....

if you want to ignore or plain disregard the signs and then you wont seem like a smart guy telling the cop that his sign was meaning less? are you kidding me? He'll laugh at you!

ill tell you what I replace my windshields annually because I get cracked spots aswell. there are some drivers that dont put up their tarps or bother to clean the rails after dumping.
The bold part in the quote is plain wrong. If it falls off your truck, from the bed, from below. ANYWHERE. No matter how close or far the other driver is, it's your fault. The driver of the trailer has a legal requirement to secure their load and ensure that their truck and trailer are free from debris that will fall to the road. IF an object is kicked up from the road, it's a road hazard and not covered.

It's your job to know the law. Go study up.

Old 06-11-2008, 06:56 PM

I've always wanted to put a sign on my bumper that tells people all sorts of things, like one of those LED signs connected to a keyboard. I could tell the moron with his turn signal on for the past 5 miles that he's a moron and he really should either turn or turn off the signal. or a really sweet message to all of the idiots on 1604 at night that drive with their brights on and don't care if they're right behind you.. or maybe a sign that asks people who tick me off to follow me home and make sure they step foot on my driveway so I can exercise some Castle Doctrine on them..
I'd love to make all sorts of signs and try to claim they're official or some sort of law, but they're just a bumper sticker..

Old 06-11-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuba steve View Post
The bold part in the quote is plain wrong. If it falls off your truck, from the bed, from below. ANYWHERE. No matter how close or far the other driver is, it's your fault. The driver of the trailer has a legal requirement to secure their load and ensure that their truck and trailer are free from debris that will fall to the road. IF an object is kicked up from the road, it's a road hazard and not covered.

It's your job to know the law. Go study up.

*face palm* Youre arguing over a rock? right? how are you gonna prove to me that that rock came from my bed? if I am hauling 3X5 rocks which are notably huge then yes it would be my fault. but that falls under the securing the load category. if its a tiny pebble (gravel) then everyone is going to find that pretty hard to belive.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I've always wanted to put a sign on my bumper that tells people all sorts of things, like one of those LED signs connected to a keyboard. I could tell the moron with his turn signal on for the past 5 miles that he's a moron and he really should either turn or turn off the signal. or a really sweet message to all of the idiots on 1604 at night that drive with their brights on and don't care if they're right behind you.. or maybe a sign that asks people who tick me off to follow me home and make sure they step foot on my driveway so I can exercise some Castle Doctrine on them..
I'd love to make all sorts of signs and try to claim they're official or some sort of law, but they're just a bumper sticker..
lol I have a PA speaker on mine but i dont use it over the road. but i have had many chances mostly to holler at the chicks but none road rage related. Road rage is another funny discussion in fact....

Last Saturday at Ingram mall traffic was terrible there was a lady on an explorer was waiting to merge onto the access road and the old lady behind her got really impacient moments later she cuts her off. at the light they kept flipping each other off and the son/boyfriend of the lady that cutt off the exploer wanted to get down and fight! lolZ.....

Ill tell you what if that were to happen I would of gotten off and beat the hell out of the dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio