Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 10:51 AM

220 posts, read 678,033 times

Advertisements

Check out the Meetup Group San Antonio Nature Hounds.

http://activedogs.meetup.com/217/calendar/9878197/

The San Antonio Nature Hounds have an event scheduled for Landa Park April 25th and regularly schedule hikes with swimming opportunities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 09:57 AM

220 posts, read 678,033 times
Austin has several of-leash parks with access to water.

Old 07-31-2015, 12:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,283 times
I am in the same quandary. We do take our dogs up to Cypress Bend park in New Braunfels, but it can get crowded, and it would be nice to have someplace in the city to go to. We have 2 Golden Retrievers, who are also, very well behaved and trained and like to be off leash.....and LOVE the water. I am actually doing some research about opening up a canine water park...open to the public for a small fee. If you Google it, there are several popping up around the country. We could really use it here because of our LONG, HOT summers. I am talking with the Humane Society and Parks and Recreation depts. along with some private investors. I'll keep you posted!!!

Old 08-25-2015, 12:16 PM

1 posts, read 1,175 times
Default Landa Park Doggie Dip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren0319 View Post
That sounds so FUN!!!!!! Would you please post the date when it is released? Or what is the website? When do they do this? In the spring, I hope!!

This is a few years late I realize but I'm looking for places for my fur babies to swim also. Below is from the website for the 2015 dates about the Doggie Dip:

Friendly dogs join us for a special swim for dogs at the Springfed Pool. Doggie Dip Day is a bi-annual event held at the Landa Park Aquatic Complex just for pooches! All dogs must have current rabies vaccinations and provide proof on the day of the event. Dogs must wear a collar they can swim in. Each dog may have up to two guests. Owners are required to clean up after their pets.

Fee: $5 per dog/ two owners $1 each additional person
2015 Dates:
Sunday, April 26 Noon-4pm
Sunday, September 13 Noon-4pm

Old 08-26-2015, 09:41 AM

947 posts, read 1,243,501 times
We used to go out to Horse creek out by Bandera and swim, and I think the other place was Upper Hondo Creek. I know out near Seguin there is a Farm to Market Road that crosses the Guadalupe and it doesn't look too deep, but can't think right now where. Working two jobs(second on every weekend plus during the week) I don't drive around the countryside like I used to because My late elderly father liked to go all over for rides.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:09 PM

366 posts, read 491,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren0319 View Post
I have a very friendly and well behaved dog who loves to go swimming!! My husband and I enjoy taking him just as much as he enjoys going. Last summer we were fortunate enough to discover Cibalo Creek- it was flowing very nicely... my husband even kayaked down (we joke that he's the first in SA to do this.)
However, w/ the lack of rain, the "Cib" is as dry as can be. So we need to find a new watering hole. I'm not looking for lectures on leash laws ; like I said, my dog listens to us and never, ever runs off. He is truly obedient. So basically, I'm looking for somewhere where he can run around off-leash, swim, and maybe fetch a stick or two. Any ideas?

And just for fun, I attached a pic of him last summer at the "Cib."
If you're within city limits it must be on a leash no matter how fuzzy wuzzie it is and how adorable and how obedient and cute and perfect in every way. It's a law and it's not just for other people's well being but your dog's. Not that you care because obviously you think having your dog swimming is more important than being a law abiding citizen. And oh of course you can break any law you want because hey, you're *sure* nothing bad will happen.

Old 09-12-2015, 04:39 PM

2,382 posts, read 3,468,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaSonner View Post
If you're within city limits it must be on a leash no matter how fuzzy wuzzie it is and how adorable and how obedient and cute and perfect in every way. It's a law and it's not just for other people's well being but your dog's. Not that you care because obviously you think having your dog swimming is more important than being a law abiding citizen. And oh of course you can break any law you want because hey, you're *sure* nothing bad will happen.

That's so sad you have to be so arrogant and mean...especially to someone who posted this over 7 years ago. Having a bad day?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio