Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:01 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,855 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to update y'all.

The pay is bad and she has no idea what the hours will be but it's a job. And it's downtown, about TWO & 1/2 miles away so it's easy to get there if she has car issues or whatever. It's definitely a job that will probably have her looking "on the side" for something better but heck, for now we're just happy that she found something and it does seem like management is better this time around. Oh and she'll get 2 days off a week (vs. the last place, where no one ever got more than 1 day ever).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2008, 03:02 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Congratulations, and I hope something better comes along while she's working at this one!

Old 06-22-2008, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Congratulations, and I hope something better comes along while she's working at this one!
Thanks! Her deal is she gets complacent. I know it's easy to do... when you're working it's kinda hard to make yourself look for something else especially if your job isn't "bad" and it's just that you can find much better if you look. The manager seemed to think she had supervisor potential (which I keep telling her!) so that's a good sign.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:05 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,836,085 times
where it be?

Old 06-22-2008, 03:06 PM

486 posts, read 1,114,049 times
wohoo so happy for you guys.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
where it be?
Pizza Hut call center downtown. I knew they had a "call center" but didn't realize it was downtown. . They handle complaints and orders and all other phone customer service stuff. Since her last job was P. Hut, he hired her on the spot even with the firing issue because she knows her stuff and has tons of CS experience. She was straight up about what happened and he seemed to recognize that the issues there were just management related (her old store had super high turnover, even for that business). They're independently owned or whatever so they are all run differently.

Who knows, she may decide she likes phone work so this could lead to better paying stuff for sure. You can make a fair wage in phone CSR work. I just haven't done it because I am not really a "people person". Well not in the general public sense.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:17 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Who knows, she may decide she likes phone work so this could lead to better paying stuff for sure. You can make a fair wage in phone CSR work. the
There is a job fair for Caremark this Tuesday, I think--they are starting phone reps at 11.50 plus bennies in case she's interested. It's located in Alamo Downs by Culebra and 410, so she could probably get the bus there pretty easily. Maybe she should get some call center experience first, but in 6 months or so, it might be a good opportunity for her. I can't do phone work!! I'd be nuts, but lots of people enjoy it and are very good at it.

Just glad she's working again!!

Old 06-22-2008, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
There is a job fair for Caremark this Tuesday, I think--they are starting phone reps at 11.50 plus bennies in case she's interested. It's located in Alamo Downs by Culebra and 410, so she could probably get the bus there pretty easily. Maybe she should get some call center experience first, but in 6 months or so, it might be a good opportunity for her. I can't do phone work!! I'd be nuts, but lots of people enjoy it and are very good at it.

Just glad she's working again!!
I worked right by Caremark, at Maximus (data entry/processing)... and many of my co-workers there had previously worked at Caremark. They all had bad things to say about it but I think that's true about any job like that. LOL. I mean, someone's going to not be happy!

I will say that it was kind of slow getting there. It is only 7 or 8 miles from our house but averaged me 30 to 40 minutes at 7/7:30 in the morning (by car). I always wondered if I was just taking a weird route or something (I just went straight down Culebra). |Some of these places have staggered shifts and so it makes a difference with traffic. I don't think I ever found that perfect window of time when I could have gotten there faster.

I think she'd need some more call experience first though. She's kinda quiet. She's good with customers, but has more experience in person than on the phone (although she does have some phone).

Thanks, everyone, for the congrats and for the support through all this.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:50 PM

778 posts, read 2,503,572 times
Good on her. Glad it is working out.

Old 06-22-2008, 07:03 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,556,254 times
That's great!

Every time I see a Help Wanted sign I make a mental note that I have to tell you about it...then I forget where I saw it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio