Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 06:40 PM

529 posts, read 2,710,892 times

Advertisements

What's the deal with the guy in the commercial who has horns glued on his head?
Why isn't anyone else "dressed up". Is he supposed to be the devil or something? If so, what does that have to do with a seafood restaurant?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 06:57 PM

345 posts, read 1,566,188 times
Yes, he is the devil. If you notice he's sitting with a priest. There's also a cop sitting with a prisoner. It has nothing to do with seafood per se. Joe's is advertising their "buckets" and how they're worth sharing with a few "friends".

Old 06-23-2008, 06:59 PM

529 posts, read 2,710,892 times
Oooooh! I did not notice that. Thanks so much for clearing it up for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaCo Mom View Post
Yes, he is the devil. If you notice he's sitting with a priest. There's also a cop sitting with a prisoner. It has nothing to do with seafood per se. Joe's is advertising their "buckets" and how they're worth sharing with a few "friends".

Old 06-24-2008, 05:46 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
it is just a stupid commercial
offensive to some people almost
and since it is not run at halloween or mardi gras time just does not work--don't know who the ad agency is but this is good example of how desparate people do really dumb things...

Old 06-24-2008, 06:34 AM

1,510 posts, read 2,962,599 times
...and yet some people on yet another web forum are discussing its merits. Seems like the advertising people got something right, doesn't it?

Just sayin'...

--Dim

Old 06-24-2008, 06:47 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
I don't think the premise is that dumb, taking traditional enemies and showing how they can be brought together by the delicious seafood. How can that be offensive? Don't most Christian religions preach forgiveness and acceptance of others?

Cheers! M2

Old 06-24-2008, 11:29 AM

734 posts, read 3,015,002 times
I had to have hubby explain it to me too - I didn't get it at first either, but did the 2nd time it came through.

Made me want to go get a bucket of crab legs though! So something worked in the ad!

Old 06-24-2008, 11:32 AM

812 posts, read 2,306,726 times
I went to Joes Crab Shack for the first time in Houston, LOVED it! I do have this to say though. There is a commercial on identity theft and I swear it is almost like the guy singing on the commercial is a waiter for Joes Crab Shack. Anyone else see the commercial. I find that insulting to anyone who is a waiter at Joes Crab Shack actually. Nothing wrong w/ making an honest living.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:13 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
I went to Joes Crab Shack for the first time in Houston, LOVED it! I do have this to say though. There is a commercial on identity theft and I swear it is almost like the guy singing on the commercial is a waiter for Joes Crab Shack. Anyone else see the commercial. I find that insulting to anyone who is a waiter at Joes Crab Shack actually. Nothing wrong w/ making an honest living.
haha, reminded me of Long John Silvers (I never thought of Joes). I didn't take offense to it though, but I can see where your coming from.

Old 07-20-2008, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 4,303 times
I was actually in the second commercial of this series and the theme that the production company used was unlikely friends. I like the concept of bringing opposites together, I mean in my life i have friends who are completely different from one another, but we can still all go out and have a good time. Watch for me, I'm the gothic dude in the next commercial, I think it's on Food Network.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio