Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 12:52 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,315,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
And where did cRazY hiPpiE laDy go? Another one-post wonder? Log back in and tell us what ya think!

LoL! Not sure why, but cRazY hiPpiE laDy and "black lesbian, atheist, Liberal PHD" did not go together. But then again, it makes perfect sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2008, 12:54 AM

Default Tagline instructions?

oops....posted in wrong place!

Last edited by wCat; 07-10-2008 at 02:06 AM..

Old 07-15-2008, 02:35 AM

50 posts, read 168,305 times
San Antonio. More military bases than Iraq. Catholic Channel on basic cable. Lots of people who really believe the German Pope is the voice of God. John Hagee, rotund holy munchkin, owner of his own church: his favorite deadly sin is gluttony. Spent entire elementary school career curled up in fetal position in the hallway, duck and cover.. Look up the old civil defense maps for the radiation zone around SA. .Old liberal, arts community here along with the newer metro kind. I know, I grew up with artists and assorted weirdos back in the 50s. Lots of cool people in SA. But Eastwood Country Club is no more.

It's not weird like Austin, but remember these important facts: Austin and San Antonio voted against secession in 1861. For you mall memory-laners, this is pre-North Star.

Old 07-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,985,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
And where did cRazY hiPpiE laDy go? Another one-post wonder? Log back in and tell us what ya think!
Looks like that won't be happening, since the OP is no longer a member.

Old 07-15-2008, 11:24 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,939,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRazY hiPpiE laDy View Post
No, this is not a joke! As the title says I am what I am. I'm considering a move to SA from the East coast to teach at a local university. My questions are:

How is the diversity in San Antonio? I know it's mostly a Hispanic city...how are others (including blacks) received by the majority population?

I realize most will be religious but how are non-religious atheist/agnostics/non-religious people treated?

Are there other attractive, educated lesbians out there and if so, is San Antonio a lesbian-friendly city?

Is the city predominantely liberal or conservative?

Thanks.
i am a gay 44 year old man and moved to sa for family reasons. my advice to you would be to RUN from this place. it is VERY family oriented to the demise of other lifestyles. It has a strong catholic vibe and has almost nil places to congregate. i think that austin would be your best bet.
regards

Old 07-15-2008, 11:37 AM

944 posts, read 3,055,284 times
I concur with georgepwebster and wehotex (as usual). I hope that the prospective new single woman from the other thread has made her way to this thread, too.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
I concur with georgepwebster and wehotex (as usual). I hope that the prospective new single woman from the other thread has made her way to this thread, too.
So which is it, Hello? Do you want to warn others off, or do you want more like minded camaraderie to move in?

Old 07-15-2008, 12:12 PM

944 posts, read 3,055,284 times
I'm conflicted!!

Old 07-15-2008, 12:24 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,165,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
For years I cursed and railed about this city (I've been here since Jr. High), then years later, via my son's school, I met many SA residents who changed my opinion and I discovered another "world" beyond what I'd seen up to that point. I had the impression that SA was just about basketball and suburbia and it was a misleading impression.
I love this statement! This is what should be posted in response everytime someone posts one of the rediculous "San Antonio-is-an-insular-backwoods-uneducated-provincial-hicktown" generalities that seem to show-up here with some regularity.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:28 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,165,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
I thought that pink library was due to the hispanic heritage.
Except that it's orange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio