U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 07:33 AM

4,925 posts, read 5,902,293 times

Advertisements

Appreciate the update and clarification of your fine neighbors.

Why you pay any amount of money to your HOA is a mystery to me. Your HOA can be a pain in the butt but they are there exactly for this reason - so the neighborhood doesn't go to $#%$#. I don't know if your HOA covers landlord/tenant agreements but the issue of trash, cars in the front yard, noise, all have to be your HOA. The HOA (management company or the HOA president/board) is certainly worth a visit if you haven't done so already.

If your neighborhood is deteriorating, I'm sure your HOA has had this issue occur previously. If the HOA believes that homeowners that bring items to their attention is "being a pain", then the HOA is a waste of money. Even if you bring multiple (valid) complaints, how difficult could the HOA come back onto you for other violations? Most HOA's have fairly agreeable rules and bylaws of which I'm sure you're following now.

One additional legal route. If the value of the rental next door is truly losing money by not being 'rentable', then this is also a valid small claims case. The case would have to go against the landlord and any judge upon seeing pictures with a couple of witnesses would give you a judgment. The landlord may not even show up = easy judgment.

PS> Great to hear SAPD was professional and did an acceptable job. It's not often we hear positive SAPD stories - hence my "Thumbs Up"!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 08:25 AM

5,615 posts, read 13,775,039 times
I'm really surprised that the HOA can't be sued for some kind of breach of contract. They're taking your money every year / quarter / whenever and that + the covenants you signed seems to imply a contract.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio