Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2008, 02:38 PM

39 posts, read 164,758 times

Advertisements

Can anyone help me find a good mortgage broker or advise me on what to look out for when searching for one?
Any feedback is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2008, 03:07 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,410,074 times
I can recommend some, but can't do it here, as I'm in the real estate business.

If you'll PM me, I can give you their info. Know that I recommend you interview them just as you would any other broker. Make sure that you feel comfortable with them.

These are people that I've personally used and recommend. One did my personal mortgage. In no way to I receive a kickback or benefit from any recommendations. That's a quick way to lose your real estate license.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:43 PM

8 posts, read 25,843 times
try new horizon mortgage. i did my loan with him. great person. guys name is stewart. they do low end mortgages

Old 07-15-2008, 07:59 AM

759 posts, read 3,684,295 times
I tried to send you a direct message.... here is my rec:

I have used Ashley Bishop - ashley@usam.net for both my mortgages.... I would suggest shopping around, which I did both times. She was able to get me the lowest rate by far... she's wholesale (so sorta like getting a mortgage via Costco or Sams is the way I think of it)

She's out of Austin, but that didn't make a difference to me. My first house was in Ft. Worth and second here in SA. It's worth a shot to shoot her an email and ask for a good faith estimate... she was always super quick to respond and got everything done before any deadline.

GL!

Old 07-15-2008, 08:22 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,765,940 times
I went with someone from New Horizon named Jed a while back, but he's since transferred to Bank of Texas and when I bought this year I went through him. He's easy to work with, and I got great rates with low origination fees. The bank does require all sorts of documentation, but I'd rather go with a lender that wants that sort of thing than a group that operates like it's still 2004.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio