Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 06:09 PM

554 posts, read 2,306,463 times

Advertisements

One thing this article doesn't take into account, IMO, is the price per square foot. I think that that's the real indicator of an area's market strength. Very expensive homes, or much less expensive homes, can really skew statistics like what this article used. Price per square foot is usually a better indicator of what any other home could sell for at that point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 07:58 PM

4,307 posts, read 9,553,014 times
If it's based only on homes sold, how does it account for neighborhoods where no one is selling? King William doesn't have a very high turnover rate, for example.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:57 PM

734 posts, read 3,015,194 times
I have never seen this in the past, but I hope they continue this year by year to see the growth. The next big boom I see is the areas surrounding the new TPC golf course. The Village at Stone Oak shopping center is almost full now and there are shopping centers going up on all corners surrounding it. I think that the Cibolo Canyons, Bulverde Village and other areas near there will see an increase by 2010 when the golf course opens. I also see that more areas in Cibolo are in high demand as well.

Old 07-16-2008, 10:52 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,362,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaka View Post
If it's based only on homes sold, how does it account for neighborhoods where no one is selling? King William doesn't have a very high turnover rate, for example.

I hope this helps. It's a link to area and includes all stats for different parts of town and it's updated monthly. It includes square footage pricing, # of homes per area and comparisons to a year ago. It's listed every week in the Sunday paper....but also online at mySanantonio.com Great info!!

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/images/SAHousingPricesApr08.pdf (broken link)

Old 07-17-2008, 09:33 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,744,216 times
A million isn't what is used to be and there are neighborhoods like Champions Run that have unbelievable homes - houses that have bluff like settings with most likely incredible views. Views you would not get in Shavano Creek. Also - there are some really incredible homes in the community off Evans (behind the new HEB) that are probably close to the million dollar mark. Again - Stone Oak offers views you can't get in other parts of town. I'm not saying I would spend my million in Stone Oak - but don't knock it without seeing the communities and views in question.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:35 AM

418 posts, read 1,239,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
If I had a million, it would be spent in AH, TH or OP not stone oak. Especially for the city services, in those cities you get basically a private police force, and responsive city counsel.
Some people like to live on bigger hills.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:12 AM

109 posts, read 387,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
I hope this helps. It's a link to area and includes all stats for different parts of town and it's updated monthly. It includes square footage pricing, # of homes per area and comparisons to a year ago. It's listed every week in the Sunday paper....but also online at mySanantonio.com Great info!!

I really would like to check out the link but it isn't working. It's probably because mysa.com is a new format. Darn.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:57 AM

72 posts, read 230,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post

How often do they update this? I think they had Jan,Feb,Mar, & Apr numbers out 1 month after the end of each respective month. Shouldn't they have the May number out by now?

Old 07-19-2008, 01:04 PM

265 posts, read 1,190,560 times
Aside from the schools & city services, I don't get the attraction of Terrell Heights/Hills and some parts of Alamo Heights (i.e. the "cottages"). I just moved here & to me, this area looks dumpy. The "cottages" are out-dated & small, the streets are bumpy & full of potholes, no sidewalks, no views. Some of those main roads look super ghetto. I was invited to a birthday party at Kiddie Park. What the heck is up with that place? Anyway, why are people so gung ho about the '09? They love it!
If I had millions to spend, I could see buying one of those awesome older homes in the nicer parts of AH, but if I am a regular Joe with $250k, I don't want to cram into a 1950's ranch with a one-car garage for a bedroom...I am going to Stone Oak, where I can get some space & some views for my money....which is what I did. Just my two cents

Old 07-20-2008, 09:59 AM

141 posts, read 564,469 times
How is the Domminion # 2 , on the list I dont get that because of all the houses are multi-million dollar houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio