Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 12:12 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,890,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
they pick up all the stray dogs in our southside area. we have also had the new trash bins and that keeps stray dogs away. who is your city council rep? send me your info and complaint and i can have someone contact you in 3-4 days to rectify the situation
Take up the offer and let us know how it works out!

Cheers! M2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 12:15 PM

222 posts, read 704,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbeeigh View Post
I was doing some outreach for an event my non-profit is having on the westside (Culebra/General McMullen) earlier this week and was followed by an enormous roaming loose rooster. It was the funniest/scariest thing I have ever experienced in my life. I'm glad to know now there is an ordinance against them being out and about.

you didn't catch it? Free rooster! J/K

As far as animal control goes, they DO pick up animals but not the right ones. We always have neighbors complaining about their dogs having been picked up. Honestly, though. Secure them if they're habitual "springers". Anyway whenever we've called in the past they've come out but they've left with "other" stray dogs. . not the ones we call in. Either way I figure at least some of them are off the streets but I hate to think of an animal being put down. That makes me SO sad. The only time I've ever called has been when some of the dogs out here are pretty vicious. If someone's cat has been attacked or we've been growled at or chased after then that animal has to go. We have a few wooded areas left and sometimes they come from over there. Not WILD dogs per se but wild due to their circumstances.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:46 PM

504 posts, read 1,451,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Oh, gosh! Spare me! I don't know what southside area you're in, but there are dogs roaming my mom's southside neighborhood. Animal control is called and the dogs sit around laughing because they know nothing will be done.

For pity's sake, someone called animal control about a neighbor's dog's endless whining/barking. Animal control came out to pick up the dog, had the owner's written permission to come into the yard to take it, but they still left it behind. WTF?!
Palm Heights Neighborhood Association |

Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Take up the offer and let us know how it works out!

Cheers! M2
i need the complaintants personal info, address or vicinity, and i will also go out there myself and deal with the issue. OP can PM me the information. lets make this happen.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:27 PM

504 posts, read 1,451,489 times
senior citizens are so easy to rattle...its fun watching them fight back and follow you around on the board talking down on all of your posts while not looking at the facts of the information presented, but rather passing judgement before a validating anyone's response. just jealousy that someone has come along to really tell it like it is. keep trying, this is fun. not even a challenge.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:45 PM

9,843 posts, read 13,585,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigginHouseVibez View Post
you didn't catch it? Free rooster! J/K

As far as animal control goes, they DO pick up animals but not the right ones. We always have neighbors complaining about their dogs having been picked up. Honestly, though. Secure them if they're habitual "springers". Anyway whenever we've called in the past they've come out but they've left with "other" stray dogs. . not the ones we call in. Either way I figure at least some of them are off the streets but I hate to think of an animal being put down. That makes me SO sad. The only time I've ever called has been when some of the dogs out here are pretty vicious. If someone's cat has been attacked or we've been growled at or chased after then that animal has to go. We have a few wooded areas left and sometimes they come from over there. Not WILD dogs per se but wild due to their circumstances.
I wasn't going to call animal control on the rooster, it was just a funny story. It would have made an awesome Youtube if it had chased me. It went right back home and looked happy. I was, however, going to call animal control on a dog farther down the way who barked and then coughed/wheezed when I walked past him. I felt like Animal Cops on Animal Planet.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:31 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,973,866 times
Why would it not be?

Gee what is with everyone wanting to restrict people rights on their own land?

Old 07-24-2008, 08:47 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,258,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Why would it not be?

Gee what is with everyone wanting to restrict people rights on their own land?
First off, as I said in the original post, the rooster walks around the neighborhood and crows non stop for half the day.

Would you tolerate a wandering dog that barked all freakin' day without stopping for more than 20 seconds between barks? I love dogs but I respect my neighbor's right to peace and quiet and I keep my dogs inside for the most part, and when they are out there is no nuisance barking. Oh, and they stay in MY yard.

Second; people generally don't associate in-town, urban living with NOISY farm animals. Yeah there is other noise, which I totally expected when choosing to live close to downtown... but even that is not non-stop and the only thing constantly breaking what would otherwise be nice, quiet moments is the darn rooster that is NOT contained in it's yard and obviously has some sort of screwed up internal clock that compels it to crow continuously.

Don't most people generally associate livestock and the like with living out of the city limits? Or at MINIMUM to those with larger lots that ensure that it's not going to become a PITA for everyone else? (vs small, narrow city lots) Especially those animals that are likely to prove to be a nuisance in smell, noise, etc? I think it's a fairly reasonable assumption to make when one lives in-town.

Anyway, I was frustrated when I started the thread. Frankly I could care less what you raise, grow, or keep on your property, in the city or country. Just keep it on your property and try and shut it up once in a while, as a matter of courtesy, for the same reasons that I am not going to let my dog bark incessantly at 3 am without any attempts to stop it.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
First off, as I said in the original post, the rooster walks around the neighborhood and crows non stop for half the day.

Would you tolerate a wandering dog that barked all freakin' day without stopping for more than 20 seconds between barks? I love dogs but I respect my neighbor's right to peace and quiet and I keep my dogs inside for the most part, and when they are out there is no nuisance barking. Oh, and they stay in MY yard.

Second; people generally don't associate in-town, urban living with NOISY farm animals. Yeah there is other noise, which I totally expected when choosing to live close to downtown... but even that is not non-stop and the only thing constantly breaking what would otherwise be nice, quiet moments is the darn rooster that is NOT contained in it's yard and obviously has some sort of screwed up internal clock that compels it to crow continuously.

Don't most people generally associate livestock and the like with living out of the city limits? Or at MINIMUM to those with larger lots that ensure that it's not going to become a PITA for everyone else? (vs small, narrow city lots) Especially those animals that are likely to prove to be a nuisance in smell, noise, etc? I think it's a fairly reasonable assumption to make when one lives in-town.

Anyway, I was frustrated when I started the thread. Frankly I could care less what you raise, grow, or keep on your property, in the city or country. Just keep it on your property and try and shut it up once in a while, as a matter of courtesy, for the same reasons that I am not going to let my dog bark incessantly at 3 am without any attempts to stop it.
You just answered your own question.

If they are your neighbors and it crows on their property then tell them something if that does not work make some noise for a few nights in the middle of the night till they get. If they don't get it make MORE nosie. While I'm all for letting everyone do and raise what they want on THEIR property if the are going to disrespect everyone show a little back. If it does go off their property catch the darn thing and fry it! (JK catch and have animal control come pick it up)

If they ask say you were not aware that it was their's?

We did this no joke at my dad house in AZ. (we caught we did not fry it)

Old 07-24-2008, 09:59 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,258,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
You just answered your own question.

If they are your neighbors and it crows on their property then tell them something if that does not work make some noise for a few nights in the middle of the night till they get. If they don't get it make MORE nosie. While I'm all for letting everyone do and raise what they want on THEIR property if the are going to disrespect everyone show a little back. If it does go off their property catch the darn thing and fry it! (JK catch and have animal control come pick it up)

If they ask say you were not aware that it was their's?

We did this no joke at my dad house in AZ. (we caught we did not fry it)

LIKE I SAID. I can hear the rooster as it walks all over... but it might as well be a disembodied voice. I cannot SEE it and have yet to so far. I have no idea who owns it and from the sound of the crowing it covers a good 3 block spread in any given direction, most likely in the alleyways and in between the houses with no fences. Almost impossible to track down (and I've tried!)...

Old 07-24-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
LIKE I SAID. I can hear the rooster as it walks all over... but it might as well be a disembodied voice. I cannot SEE it and have yet to so far. I have no idea who owns it and from the sound of the crowing it covers a good 3 block spread in any given direction, most likely in the alleyways and in between the houses with no fences. Almost impossible to track down (and I've tried!)...
Wow well in that case I'd kill it as soon as you find it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio