Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 11:27 AM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorgie View Post
Well, there is an awesome Food trailer on Flores and Beatrice that sells charro chicken, grilled chicken. you get a whole chicken rice, beans, CORN tortillas, 2 grilled jalapenos, half grilled onion, limes, a wonderful avocado/lime sauce... all for $13.00....
Yes, I drove down 281 and bought dinner there.. Damn chicken trailer was soo busy, he ran out after my order and told people to come back at 7pm for more chicken..... I did notice I was the only English speaking person there, but this ties into another thread....
Point is,,,, Harlendale Area has great points!!!!!!!
My SIL says that truck is run by the same folks as Pollo Astada's on Rigsby.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en...d=0CIUBEKIqMAs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 09:48 AM

97 posts, read 151,746 times
Default A Harlandale school blast from the past

Well today I happened to open a chest a drawer and have found a 1964 Harlandale high graduating class picture and I saw many faces that I had not seen since 1964 of course I am there in the second row, my gosh its been 51 years and it just seems like yesterday to me there are a lot of familiar faces and it brought back many memories, so I was wondering, can anyone out there relate to this memory of the past maybe even be in the picture, I never got the year book so I just have a picture with a lot of smiling faces and very fond memories.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 994 times
Default I grew up on McCauley Drv. 2 blocks North of SW Military Drv from 61 till 73. Its been 11 yrs since I ve been down there

I moved but came back many times to see my Grama over the next three decades. She was pretty we till the last 2 yrs or so and then she still got around. Im wanting to see the film. Im new here and hope I can figure out how to watch it. Lol

Old 09-23-2017, 12:04 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,388,475 times
Default Rayburn St., San Antonio ,tx

I kicked around the McCauley area for many years as a child. I always return to drive by those places,
all those places of my childhood. Even stop to eat in the old restaurants that are still there. Grandparents lived on Rayburn, grandfather worked at Kelly as a mechanic
on those old propeller driven craft.
The movie filmed on location in the Harlandale area is a good one.
I however was reared in the Highland Hills area nearer where poster Trapper lived in the Goliad and Hot Wells area.

I also can remember the old Comet gas station even though I had forgotten , near the Indian Gas Station. Also the Enco and Gulf.
You're probably right about where the old Cement Pig was put then SATX. However I could swear it was at Roosevelt and White St. Oh well I guess memory is imperfect.
That was fifty five years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel885 View Post
I moved but came back many times to see my Grama over the next three decades. She was pretty we till the last 2 yrs or so and then she still got around. Im wanting to see the film. Im new here and hope I can figure out how to watch it. Lol

Last edited by huckster; 09-23-2017 at 12:16 PM..

Old 09-24-2017, 02:21 PM

97 posts, read 151,746 times
wow are this memories or what--- i grew up went to school graduated 1964 Harlandale and all this business mentioned were there and that was good-- i also remember Centeno's groceries one side and all other stuff other side, the Lackland drive-ins, Lasso western wear, blue jeans manufacturer down the street Zarsamora , La Sall school for boys next to Shoppers World, UPS was there too before moving out to where it is now, the circle pharmacy and thats where the bus route ended, worked at Kelly AFB until retired , also the cemetery behind East Kelly, the NCO club there too--- Woolco, Winns, Fed Mart, and when building of I35 got started the under pass of Southcross going into town-- all that felt like home town now all those areas don't feel like that anymore way too much of everything or something like that--- thanks for the memories!!

Old 09-24-2023, 01:34 PM

5 posts, read 1,086 times
just now registered and seeing this, I grew up in Harlandale (Southside area), my parents attended harlandale in 1940 & 50's Are we allowed to post vintage classroom photos ?

Old 09-24-2023, 01:39 PM

5 posts, read 1,086 times
Hi, you are correct the Pig was at corner of Roosevelt and White St. Very Good Memory!
I know because I grew up on White....and drove by that pig many many times,
I would say it was there (roosevelt & white) in 70's, and 80's and 90's (?) ...it was moved at some point,
i think closer to year 2005 when it was moved.

i attended Harlalandale, gew up all around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio