Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 07:42 PM

21 posts, read 82,946 times

Advertisements

Anybody know what happened to this restaurant and what will happen with the land? I heard the family sold the property and closed the restaurant. Thanks for any info!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2008, 08:27 PM

181 posts, read 674,227 times
What?!!! No, say it isn't so! I loved Billy T's, especially their bean burgers and onion rings. I'm so sad they closed.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:37 PM

657 posts, read 1,936,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sa_native1977 View Post
Anybody know what happened to this restaurant and what will happen with the land? I heard the family sold the property and closed the restaurant. Thanks for any info!
Down to towards the bottom of this page are these paragraphs:

--------------------------------------------------
And, speaking of burgers and beer, the end of this week brought a bittersweet end to the best greasy, sloppy burgers in town with the closing of my favorite restaurant, Billy T’s. As all my burger-lovin’ BFFs already know, my husband, Scudder Miller, has owned that joint for the past 15 years. (And it’s where we met.)

He wanted everyone to know that he really regrets closing with such short notice but someone came along and made him an offer he just couldn’t refuse. But he wanted to tell everyone that he would have never made it this long without his loyal customers. He will truly miss you all.

-------------------------------------------------

It sounds like someone paid big bucks for that property.... It will be interesting to watch what goes on there.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:03 AM

2,743 posts, read 14,294,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty12 View Post
Down to towards the bottom of this page are these paragraphs:

--------------------------------------------------
And, speaking of burgers and beer, the end of this week brought a bittersweet end to the best greasy, sloppy burgers in town with the closing of my favorite restaurant, Billy T’s. As all my burger-lovin’ BFFs already know, my husband, Scudder Miller, has owned that joint for the past 15 years. (And it’s where we met.)

He wanted everyone to know that he really regrets closing with such short notice but someone came along and made him an offer he just couldn’t refuse. But he wanted to tell everyone that he would have never made it this long without his loyal customers. He will truly miss you all.

-------------------------------------------------

It sounds like someone paid big bucks for that property.... It will be interesting to watch what goes on there.

Hey, more mafioso conspiracies!!??!!

Ha. Just kidding.

I am sad about this... but I hadn't been there in a while. Did they still have a play area?

Old 07-20-2008, 02:04 AM

546 posts, read 3,104,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Hey, more mafioso conspiracies!!??!!

Ha. Just kidding.

I am sad about this... but I hadn't been there in a while. Did they still have a play area?
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s247/theweirdone1971/godfather_horse.jpg (broken link)

Old 07-20-2008, 07:29 PM

21 posts, read 82,946 times
Thanks for the info. I'm putting out some feelers in the commercial property community. I was told that the Billy T's lot plus the old landscaping company lot will become a new condo complex. It's not zoned for residential [yet, at least], so I'm just curious what will eventually happen.

Old 08-16-2008, 10:38 AM

1 posts, read 5,909 times
Is Billy T's going to reopen somewhere else?

Old 08-16-2008, 11:45 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,365,125 times
This may have been posted somewhere in here....but I have heard that Terrell Plaza is going next.....replaced by a Super Target. Guess Earl Abels is going to have to move again!

Old 08-16-2008, 11:55 AM

657 posts, read 1,936,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
This may have been posted somewhere in here....but I have heard that Terrell Plaza is going next.....replaced by a Super Target. Guess Earl Abels is going to have to move again!
With all that money spent remodeling in there, I hope the guy who move Earls there signed a nice long lease. Otherwise he is screwed if this is true...

Of course since it is on the end, It would be possible to keep that, and knock down everything else.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:40 PM

1,642 posts, read 4,093,112 times
I understand the Billy T location will be a Purple Garlic resturant soon
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio