Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2008, 12:50 AM

57 posts, read 219,365 times

Advertisements

I have always heard a story about howthe devil showed up at a westside club called El Camaroncito. This was supposed to have happened in 1975. Anyone know about this?
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2008, 06:44 AM

472 posts, read 1,792,051 times
A little something.

snopes.com: Devil in the Dancehall

Old 07-20-2008, 09:28 PM

57 posts, read 219,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dube665 View Post
Yes I know about Docia Schultz Williams story about it but also heard this from my Mother years ago. I knowthat the night club existed but has been closed for awhile.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:21 AM

141 posts, read 508,281 times
LOL man i was just talking about this to a coworker...who is from Brownsville and they had their "place of infamy" like san antonio does...and it's almost certain that if you talk to someone's abuelita (grandmother) or someone who grew up between the 40's and 60's, chances are they KNEW that girl and were either there that night or knew someone who was...just like both of my grandmothers who swore up and down it was true and they knew the girl who danced with the devil...lol man that story gets better every time i hear/read about it.

Old 07-21-2008, 01:11 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,454,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly25:17 View Post
I have always heard a story about howthe devil showed up at a westside club called El Camaroncito. This was supposed to have happened in 1975. Anyone know about this?
My mom heard that story as a child and she was born in the late 30's. Different club, though. That story's been around since the beginning of history apparently.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:33 PM

46 posts, read 151,451 times
I danced with the devil once... she never called me again after that...

Old 07-21-2008, 08:50 PM

378 posts, read 1,441,863 times
Yeah I heard about that story when I was a little kid. I think the club is on old Hwy. 90.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:26 PM

1 posts, read 11,489 times
lol... I love this story! My crazy grandma told me this story for the first time when I was about 10. Her story goes like this.... So a really handsome caucasian guy that no one has ever seen walks in to some club in the Mission district(SF). All of the women are in awe of him. He goes over to the band, who is on break and requests they play a song. He grabs a girl and starts dancing and to everyones amazement, this gringo is an amazing dancer. All of a sudden, he and the woman start levitating. Everyone starts screaming and try to run when the lights go out. A few seconds later, the lights go on. The young woman is laying on the ground, covered in bloody scratches. The gringo is no where to be found, but the he has left behind the strong odor of sulfur(sign of the devils presence). My grandma swears up and down this is true and she saw it on the news(maybe primer impacto?). Every few years I ask her to tell me the story and I always ask her when it happened because she always says "about 10 years ago" lol nothing like a superstitious mexican grandma....

Old 11-15-2008, 08:36 PM

9 posts, read 34,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verocrazydid View Post
lol... I love this story! My crazy grandma told me this story for the first time when I was about 10. Her story goes like this.... So a really handsome caucasian guy that no one has ever seen walks in to some club in the Mission district(SF). All of the women are in awe of him. He goes over to the band, who is on break and requests they play a song. He grabs a girl and starts dancing and to everyones amazement, this gringo is an amazing dancer. All of a sudden, he and the woman start levitating. Everyone starts screaming and try to run when the lights go out. A few seconds later, the lights go on. The young woman is laying on the ground, covered in bloody scratches. The gringo is no where to be found, but the he has left behind the strong odor of sulfur(sign of the devils presence). My grandma swears up and down this is true and she saw it on the news(maybe primer impacto?). Every few years I ask her to tell me the story and I always ask her when it happened because she always says "about 10 years ago" lol nothing like a superstitious mexican grandma....
Thats the story I heard except I never heard that instead of levitating the girl happens to look down and notices that he has the feet of a chicken. At that point she screams. Then it continues as you wrote.

As with all theses stories the idea is the same just the details are a little different.

Old 11-15-2008, 09:34 PM

260 posts, read 573,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis1836 View Post
Thats the story I heard except I never heard that instead of levitating the girl happens to look down and notices that he has the feet of a chicken. At that point she screams. Then it continues as you wrote.

As with all theses stories the idea is the same just the details are a little different.
I believe it was goats feet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio