Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 07:17 AM

82 posts, read 310,916 times

Advertisements

I've only got info for HEB's color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 07:44 PM

2 posts, read 6,281 times
Default Boycott signs?

All these recent HEB Boycott signs may be due to all the new stores construction by HEB. HEB is building new stores without having Communities Meetings or Neighborhoods Associations Meetings, so citizens/residents are not having their concerns heard. This is a poor example by a corporation who theme phrase for the last thirty years has always been that they are "Community Partners". Partners are suppose to share ideas and information between themselves. HEB is the big dog grocery store in San Antonio now, but I remember that in the 1960's, Handy Andy with the San Antonio Saving Branches was the top dog then, and look how far down they have fallen. HEB may think that they are invincible now, but their arrogant may be their own downfall. San Antonio get ready - WALMART - will be the new big dog in ten years.

Last edited by d11611122; 07-25-2008 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: word omitted

Old 07-25-2008, 07:58 PM

2 posts, read 6,281 times
Bus transportation to an HEB for senior citizens is "smoke and mirrors" by HEB, just PR, bad PR at that. I hope HEB provides the valets on the buses to carry the seniors ten bags of groceries because most seniors can't even walk.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:26 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Since when does a grocery store owe its customers bus service to and from its store?

Old 07-26-2008, 12:15 AM

2,649 posts, read 7,439,361 times
HEB doesn't and shouldn't be having meeting with community groups. As long as they a following proper zoning there really isn't any need. Frankly people should be thankful that HEB is investing in the area.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:26 AM

82 posts, read 310,916 times
Default new and improved HEB

The newer HEB's are more energy efficient! They use 100% windtricity, led lighting, and recycle reuse programs are in use throughout the stores. They are implementing green, low impact, state of the art concepts. San Antonio is a model for conscious building. And concerned consumers can get the best. We are also home to a one of a kind green cleaners that has revolutionized the industry, and cleans for national museums. SA is becoming a progressive city to feel proud about.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:31 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smuboy86 View Post
HEB doesn't and shouldn't be having meeting with community groups. As long as they a following proper zoning there really isn't any need. Frankly people should be thankful that HEB is investing in the area.
Werd +1

Old 11-25-2008, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 2,883 times
Default Ugh..

Well honestly, I think there should be no room to complain. Regardless of whether or not you have to drive 5 or 10 minutes down the road, you all should be appreciative towards what is being offered to you. I'm originally from Brownsville and we didn't have the beautiful stores that you do up here. With my experience as a cashier, don't gripe about how crappy your experience was to them. Speak to a manager. The cashiers were not the ones who decided to close down the other stores and build a BIGGER AND BETTER store for your convenience....Right??

Old 11-25-2008, 12:57 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,683,352 times
It is very strange - not every other person who lives, breathes and eats on this earth shops at a large chain grocer.

There are so many different types of people and lifestyles.

When given the choice, which I am glad that I have here in the 7th largest city in America, I choose to go to the farmer's market for my produce and choose typically to bake my own bread etc. For wine and pastas I choose to purchase from Joe Saglimbeni's (a local wine shop).

I would choose farmer's markets and locally owned shops over HEB anyday. In fact, I have not been to HEB since the one at Huebner and NW Military shut down.

Old 11-25-2008, 04:25 PM

2,649 posts, read 7,439,361 times
HEB is a locally owned shop, they know what the typical customer they serve wants. That why what they carry at Lincoln Heights, versus Austin highway is different. That's why they continue to expand and renovate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio