Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 11:06 AM

486 posts, read 1,114,049 times

Advertisements

I was wondering if someone could post a link to that magazine that has the 50 quick getaways or where I can get it etc, I tried searching their website but must not be typing in just the right terms. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2007, 12:20 PM

2,392 posts, read 9,652,329 times
You can't post links on this forum so you will have to cut and paste.

Old 02-25-2007, 01:08 PM

ok what im saying though is I cant find the article they are talking about on that site so I need either the area its supposed to be listed under written or something.

thanks

Old 02-25-2007, 03:07 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife1029 View Post
I was wondering if someone could post a link to that magazine that has the 50 quick getaways or where I can get it etc, I tried searching their website but must not be typing in just the right terms. Any help appreciated. Thanks
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/exptexas/

I've seen the publication at some of the grocery stores and bookstores. Ask your local Barnes & Noble about ordering it for you if they don't have it.

Old 02-25-2007, 04:38 PM

thank you.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,830 times
Thumbs down The beaches in Texas

Hi, I'm moving to San Antonio, from Maryland, sometime in August. This forum has been real helpful for me. My folder on Texas and San Antonio is getting bigger and bigger. It sounds like there is a lot to see and do around San Antonio.
I have a couple of questions. How far, approximatly, is it to any of the beaches along the coast. Which are the closest and the nicest? Is the water real clear and beautiful or is it like the water in Southern California? (Not so pretty.)
If you have any suggestions and/or ideas of places to see, things to do that haven't been mentioned in this forum, please feel free to spill it all out. I'd love it.
Thanks...
Annette

Old 06-18-2007, 11:40 PM

22 posts, read 103,350 times
Don't forget Gruene (pronounced Green), Texas. It is in a beautiful setting. It kinda reminds me of a small Fredericksburg because of it's shops but it is more quaint. It is located near New Braunfels going on IH-35. Make sure you visit the Gristmill Restaurant while you are there. It was a working mill at one time. The Guadalupe River runs right by it. Right next to it is the famous Gruene Dance Hall (the oldest in Texas). Some famous folks have played there and you see all the pics on the wall. The have a place also that sells wine and you can taste too! hehehe The last time I was there we found a coffee shop that had not been open for too long and they sold bakery stuff also. The plus was that the owner actually played the guitar for us. His wife says he loves doing that for the customers. Hey, and he was pretty good! Anyway, as you can see this is one of my favorite places to go. I hope you experience it too!

Old 06-19-2007, 10:57 AM

106 posts, read 463,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii_Corri View Post
What a fabulous thread. I'm curious, how far is the drive to New Orleans? I just seen Mardi Gras on the news yesterday or the day before, and it looked like there was no lack of fun and happiness in that big crowd. Thats one festival I'd love to experience just once.
The drive to New Orleans is about 9 hours from San Antonio, considering how fast you're going. Great place to visit year long.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
I'd like to contribute a recommendation for the Mayborn Museum Complex in Waco. It's on the edge of the Baylor University campus, not far from I-35.

Baylor University || Mayborn Museum Complex

While you're in Waco, you can round out the visit with stops at the Dr. Pepper Museum and the Suspension Bridge.

Dr Pepper Museum & Free Enterprise Institute, Waco, Texas

Waco Suspension Bridge & Riverwalk, Waco, Texas

Old 12-06-2007, 10:50 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
My two cents, I agree with the people on this post who say Fredricksberg is quite an experience. The town is quaint, but what I really like about the area is all the wineries. I actually don't drink wine, but I like the peacefulness and tranquility of sitting and watching the fields.

Also, if you want a really fun culinary experience about an hour away from San Antonio, try Mac & Ernie's.

A Great Texas Hill Country Restaurant - Mac and Ernie's Roadside Eatery

Great food and about as unique a south Texas experience as you can get. And it is only an hour or less away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio