Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 01:56 AM

13 posts, read 22,768 times

Advertisements

By the way i am sorry if i offended your post, i did not mean to, it's that so many think that this topic is just b.s. And are not willing to open their minds to things that can not be explained. I am just seeking people who have encountered the unexplicable and have no answer to what they have seen.

P.s. To all that read this post most of what people encounter is never reported....(what is, is generaly folk lore) this is why i started this post....

I really am not looking for donkey lady stories or ghost kids at the track near brown park. I am simply looking for stories like..... I was at the menger hotel bar and all of a sudden teddy roosevelt rode in on a horse....... Or one time at band camp a bear came and...

Just joking about the second example.

Anyway thats what i am looking for and i thank everyone of you that has put forth a post please keep doing so....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 07:18 AM

504 posts, read 1,456,948 times
is it true that the area behind the nix, including polly esthers used to be a morgue annex for the nix hospital?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:26 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,362,473 times
Park.....I have plenty of the type of stories you have mentioned. It's taken me about 10 years collecting them....but I want to write my own book!

Old 08-04-2008, 03:01 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,680,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
is it true that the area behind the nix, including polly esthers used to be a morgue annex for the nix hospital?
The manager of Polly's (sadly the manager who was murdered several years ago by one of his employees) told me the club was a morgue, hence the large elevator for the bodies in the front. He said Polly's was definately haunted and they don't like to be alone in the club.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:03 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,680,780 times
Us San Antonians love our ghost stories, dont we?!

Old 08-05-2008, 07:46 AM

100 posts, read 289,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by park pig 9864 View Post
thats the meat and potatoes stuff im looking for. i am well read in d. williams books and find them great but this is more s.a. folklore and i'm looking for tales of encounters. i have seen many a strange thing durring the course of working the graveyard shift downtown (ie. la villita, alamo, menger etc.) and i am thinking of writing my own book. to all that have posted so far, and all that will in the future, i thank you.

please keep the posts comming!!!!!
well i hope you do write that book we all in some strange way have had our own experieces with the super natural ....i have had many crazy things happen when i was down town during the day time to .. well i hope you writeand keep me post cause i would to read it ..

Old 08-05-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Park.....I have plenty of the type of stories you have mentioned. It's taken me about 10 years collecting them....but I want to write my own book!

ok you write it i'll buy it .. i have alot of books on the paranormal and every docia book to lol ...

Old 08-05-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
sounds as if u got a grip on freak... stuff keep ur posts up (i am interested cause it sounds as if u work downtown as well). as iv'e posted i'm not looking for b.s. stories but encounters and i have had many in the eight years of working dog watch down town... r u for real???? give me the good stuff.
well it seems as if i'll stop posting in here wow u think i got my "Grip on freak huh " okkkkk well i'll leave this alone .. hope u find what your looking for my mom by the way worked at the nix's hospital and the hilton k ... sorry for bothering u in here park pig ..laters ...

Old 08-05-2008, 10:58 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,362,473 times
Quote:

I am simply looking for stories like..... I was at the menger hotel bar and all of a sudden teddy roosevelt rode in on a horse....... Or one time at band camp a bear came and...

Docia has written about several "happenings" at the Menger, including a story or two in the bar involving TR.

Pig....seriously. I have done a lot of research (not intending for it to involve "encounters"), but if you really want serious stories, you need to do some leg work. Talk to janitors, property managers, people that work the night shift in various buildings downtown. THAT's where you'll find your stories. You need to hit the pavement and earn it. I'm not meaning to sound flippant, but that is truly how I came across many stories that I wasn't even expecting. My research was more on a historical level......the "encounters" as you call them were just a side bonus.

Old 08-05-2008, 12:30 PM

504 posts, read 1,456,948 times
Park pig, read my previous post and buffyfan's reply. my friend currently works there and the entire staff have stories to tell. i can lead you in the right direction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: