Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:56 PM

634 posts, read 2,915,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
enough with the name calling and insults. The OP obviously has a very narrow view of everything and wants us to be like him/her. This will be perfect in a place like china or iran. Please visit them and learn that your opinion is simply just that... and then call your parents and ask them why they didn't teach you any manners!
How can I take you seriously if you talk blindly like that...

China has a huge eco mess - one problem being air quality. It's also a country where press is watched word by word and crushed out if something against the government is expressed. And about Iran, I don't see how I would fit in their either.. can you please explain your reasoning with me?

China is getting more and more like the US with developing into the countryside.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:03 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,285,633 times
because they are run by tyrants..

Old 08-01-2008, 08:10 PM

Quote:
because they are run by tyrants..
What does that have to do with me fitting in in those countries than? I'm not a tyrant

Anyways, looking back, I guess I could have been a little more 'easy' in talking with you all... sorry about that.

It's just frustrating because suburbia has caused a lot of problems in the US. We're living comfortably, but the cost on our environment and culture is concerning. I really don't believe gas supplies will continue to support the world's use and we need to find another way to transportation here or we're in trouble.

Sprawling causes you to travel farther away to begin with and developing on precious land is not a good thing when it's unnecessary. Would you rather see all of our countryside used up as sprawling subdivisions or do you want it to be preserved for our future generations? You choose.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:15 PM

FYI, the term 'you people' never goes over well with anyone.. in some situations it can actually cause great bodily harm, to the person that says it.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
FYI, the term 'you people' never goes over well with anyone.. in some situations it can actually cause great bodily harm, to the person that says it.
Ok I changed it to you 'all'. Happy now?

I was apologizing and you cut me down for that?

Old 08-01-2008, 08:23 PM

I didn't cut you down. I was actually trying to help you out because that is fairly offensive and in some situations it could be dangerous. However, it's actually pretty funny when Morton Downy Jr. gets pegged for it in the upcoming movie Tropic Thunder.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:25 PM

2,896 posts, read 6,615,164 times
Relax folks. Ratchet it down a few notches or we are gonna have some issues 'round here. I am all about people hashing it out but the insults and name calling are going to end now. Discuss things civilly from this point forward please. Thanks.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:21 PM

82 posts, read 309,811 times
dangerous solvent! eeeeeww. It's outlawed in CA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midorigreen View Post
Thank you! And....yes, I have heard of it.....

Old 08-02-2008, 03:31 PM

20,502 posts, read 33,343,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsndip View Post
This is Texas - we've got land-a-plenty. Some would say "wasted countryside" is land that no one uses for anything productive.
I believe this is a terrible way of thinking IMO. So what if we have land-a-plenty. If we pave over the entire state, do you think people around the world will be envy of that? I hate to see the beautiful hill country bulldozed over over for repetitive suburban development. By repetitive I mean big box stores, endless strip malls, huge parking lots, and more. Why turn land-a-plenty into strip malls-a-plenty.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I believe this is a terrible way of thinking IMO. So what if we have land-a-plenty. If we pave over the entire state, do you think people around the world will be envy of that? I hate to see the beautiful hill country bulldozed over over for repetitive suburban development. By repetitive I mean big box stores, endless strip malls, huge parking lots, and more. Why turn land-a-plenty into strip malls-a-plenty.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio