Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 08:40 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times

Advertisements

I've bought and sold on CL. I've always put my cell phone number in the ads when I'm selling and I've never had a problem with people calling. People will ask me to hold something and I tell them "No." First one with cash takes it. I've sold a pool table, fridge, couch, small electronics, and some video games. Tried books, but didn't have any luck--but I haven't had any better luck with them on amazon, either. Books just don't have much value to people, I guess. My fridge sold within an hour one Sunday morning--gone that afternoon.

I do get the "Will you ship the item (pool table) to El Paso?" Sure, buddy. I just delete those e-mails. I also got one whose e-mail addy was a couple of Spanish words that seemed familiar--the e-mail sounded sincere so I wrote back. Out of curiousity, I googled the words and yikes, they were familiar all right. Nasty nasty.

Craigslist is a great tool, and I recommend it to everyone. You sure can't beat the price, and if dealing with a couple of nuisance e-mails and some flakes that don't show up is all that's wrong, well, I can deal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 01:21 PM

3,468 posts, read 8,555,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I agree there are a lot of scammers on CL and I have ran into a few myself, but there are also a lot of spelling/grammar challenged people as well. It's ironic MMM mentioned this today because the guy that sits next to me was going through the cars on CL earlier and laughing at their awful spelling, especially the mistakes that turned the car into something it definitely was not..
OH! OH!! OH!!!! Don't even get me STARTED on the STOOOOOPID grammar/spelling!! It's currently driving me NUTS!! We are looking to buy a travel trailer right now, and I can't tell you how many people are completely illiterate!! Use spell check people!! Some examples ~ "toelet" Ummm, it's "toilet" dumba$$! (And you can totally tell on that one that it's not just a typo or spelling error, they probably SAY toelet. ) "dynete" for dinette, "kichin" for kitchen, there's been a ton more. It would be one thing if an ad had a spelling error or two, but when it's FULL of them? Then my ABSOLUTE pet peeve ~ using sell/sale incorrectly!!!! "For sell is my..." ~ "I would like to sale my...." It makes me wanna scream!!!!

THEN ~ there's the people that have put something on there, you respond to their ad within minutes (they only have the anonymous CL link), and then you wait, and wait, and wait, and wait for hours and days ~ no response. Do they even want to sell the darned thing??!!

rant over ~ Jules needs to step away from the computer.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio