Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 08:08 AM

483 posts, read 1,562,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Fingaz View Post
I suspect you, along with many I've spoken with, are just angry at the fact that SA's lacksadasical attitude in regards to encouraging and cultivating business growth failed miserably.

AT&T moving to Dallas makes a ton of sense for a variety of reasons I don't have the time to analyze right now. And although I don't doubt that the CEO's personal preference had something to do with the relo, I also realize that Dallas is better suited for a large, international company like AT&T.

And I'd be interested in seeing those articles.

Answer:

A) You make an inaccurate assumption when you assert that because Stephenson currently isn't in San Antonio that that means that AT&T doesn't need him to operate. The reality is that AT&T corporate positions will be moved to Dallas by December, so we're talking 5 months of separation, which really isn't significant in the whole scheme of things.

B) Perhaps because in Dallas, which is already a major hub of national and international flights, they won't need them? It's true, it was considerably difficult to get direct flights of SATX airport to places like New York. You had to go through Dallas, or depending on where you were going, Houston. Now that the company is headquartered in Dallas, I suspect the need for a number of corporate jets has been greatly decreased.
Sheesh, don't you recognize when a person is being tounge-in-cheek?

San Antonio plays to its strengths to survive | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Business News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/080308dnbussanantonio.4dd1d62.html - broken link)
www.mysanantonio.com >> Local - 80% of AT&T workers expected to move (http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/80_of_ATT_workers_expected_to_move.html - broken link)
www.mysanantonio.com >> Local - AT&T may be ready to sell jets (http://www.mysanantonio.com/business/local/ATT_may_be_ready_to_sell_jets.html - broken link)

There. Now go back to the Dallas forum, troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2008, 04:17 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,503,830 times
screw Att and TWC I want Verizon!

Old 08-07-2008, 05:35 AM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times
RR Turbo can now burst to 22 down, so that is keeping me happy. Not on topic exactly, but better than making a new thread.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,556 times
Default att / bellsouth

I work for the New att. I started with BellSouth in Atlanta and now belong to the new att. Atlanta is and has been up in arms about losing corprate headquarters for wireline to SA. Now apparently they are moving to Dallas. One thing I have learned about my new company - they do what they want and don't ask my opinion. Good luck.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:44 PM

259 posts, read 909,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
RR Turbo can now burst to 22 down
Or faster!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio