Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 02:49 PM

1,220 posts, read 2,680,780 times

Advertisements

Well, this story is not about SA...but I was visiting Fredericksburg years back, late 90s I think. We were walking down Main street shopping, and who comes walking by but John Travolta!!! He was filming that movie (Michael, I think?) which was set in the TX hill country. Imagine, of all places, Fredericksburg...seing John Travolta!

I know Travolta doesn't live around here...but I just thought I'd add a "close encouter" in TX.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2008, 02:50 PM

114,838 posts, read 65,798,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXtrkgrl View Post
Eva Longoria (yes, I'm a Desperate Housewives fan )
And Tony Parker and all the Spurs. I'm a spurs fan!

Old 08-07-2008, 03:13 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,585,752 times
I ran into Kris Kristopherson in the hallway one time at a Holiday Inn in Austin. I was walking down the long hallway as he was walking toward me. I kept looking at him and wondering where I knew this guy from. As we passed we exchanged pleasantries and went on. As I got on the elevator I remembered who he was. When I got to the lobby I noticed that the Willie Nelson tour bus was in the parking lot. It seems that they were traveling together at the time. I think shooting a movie. I also saw Ron Howard waking in front of the Alamo early one Saturday morning. He looked like a typical tourist with bermuda shorts and a camera around his neck.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:14 PM

1,276 posts, read 3,824,279 times
Not sure if they live here, but (Dixie Chick) Emily Robison and her husband were at the Bexar Courthouse yesterday finalizing their divorce.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:16 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadleyzoo View Post
Not sure if they live here, but (Dixie Chick) Emily Robison and her husband were at the Bexar Courthouse yesterday finalizing their divorce.

They lived in Bandera County in the town of Medina.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:18 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
I ran into Kris Kristopherson in the hallway one time at a Holiday Inn in Austin. I was walking down the long hallway as he was walking toward me. I kept looking at him and wondering where I knew this guy from. As we passed we exchanged pleasantries and went on. As I got on the elevator I remembered who he was. When I got to the lobby I noticed that the Willie Nelson tour bus was in the parking lot. It seems that they were traveling together at the time. I think shooting a movie. I also saw Ron Howard waking in front of the Alamo early one Saturday morning. He looked like a typical tourist with bermuda shorts and a camera around his neck.
There is a guy who follows Willie and he looks EXACTLY like Kris K. I was at a Willie concert a few months ago at Flores' and he was standing right beside me. I started talking to him and come to find out it wasn't Kris but he could have passed for his twin. I was even arguing with him about who he was hahaha, I think I had too many jager bombs that night

Old 08-07-2008, 03:36 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,291,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by satx56 View Post
"Close Encounters" in San Antonio This thread is for people of San Antonio to make mention of famous or at least well known persons who have called this city home. Whether their stay was long or short, recent or long ago. I'll start by saying I've read of several that fit this criteria. My recollection isn't that good so I will research again and post new info. Please add what you know. Also , anything known of their stay here would be appreciated. Most know Carol Burnett once lived here but where? Charles Lindbergh flew from Stinson Field and I believe Brooks. Tommy Lee Jones, Teddy Roosevelt , I'm sure this could become a huge list with your help.
Carol Burnett lived here in my neighborhood of Prospect Hill on the West Side. Her house was at 2803 West Commerce next to the Bill Miller and the HEB there. Bill Miller wanted to demolish it but Henry Cisneros bought it and moved it down the street and is turning it into another one of his "learning centers". From what I understand she lived there until she was 7 and then moved to California.

Funny because I was interested in the house way before knowing she'd lived there. It is a charming little Victorian... Queen Anne Cottage you could say. I was glad it didn't get torn down!

As for the post topic in general, I can't say I've had any close encounters unless you count seeing Spurs and news anchor people (which I really don't!).. I used to work in Alamo Heights and many of our customers were from those two groups of people. I have to say that the news folk were the rudest! The Spurs guys were usually okay except for a couple who were jerks.

Old 08-07-2008, 03:44 PM

3 posts, read 6,756 times
Default what about?

the actress who played "Alice" from the brady bunch? or the guy who played "D Day" in animal house?

I do believe they have SA ties

Old 08-07-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Wow, Must have been a "Highwayman" tour!

Old 08-07-2008, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Carol Burnett lived here in my neighborhood of Prospect Hill on the West Side. Her house was at 2803 West Commerce next to the Bill Miller and the HEB there. Bill Miller wanted to demolish it but Henry Cisneros bought it and moved it down the street and is turning it into another one of his "learning centers". From what I understand she lived there until she was 7 and then moved to California.

Funny because I was interested in the house way before knowing she'd lived there. It is a charming little Victorian... Queen Anne Cottage you could say. I was glad it didn't get torn down!

As for the post topic in general, I can't say I've had any close encounters unless you count seeing Spurs and news anchor people (which I really don't!).. I used to work in Alamo Heights and many of our customers were from those two groups of people. I have to say that the news folk were the rudest! The Spurs guys were usually okay except for a couple who were jerks.
Just read Alamo Heights was called Avoco previously. That's great , I'd like to go see it. Wondered a long time about her house. Had heard rumors it was on S. Flores St. Thanks for the info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio