Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:25 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times

Advertisements

While I wouldn't recommend it, I have always toyed with the idea of getting a high-powered paintball gun and sitting in wait to ambush some of these tagging idiots, then riddling them with paintballs!

If you've never been hit on bare skin by a paintball, it does hurt and can leave a nasty bruise.

However, in today's litigious-happy and media sensationalized society, I would be the “bad guy” for this and the poor “victim” would probably sue me for every penny I have!

But it appears that I can run them over while driving drunk and all I would get is a slap on the wrist and probation, so maybe that’s the solution!*

Cheers! M2

* - In case it isn’t clear, that statement was made in jest and I would never condone driving intoxicated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 11:51 AM

1,641 posts, read 2,409,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
While I wouldn't recommend it, I have always toyed with the idea of getting a high-powered paintball gun and sitting in wait to ambush some of these tagging idiots, then riddling them with paintballs!

If you've never been hit on bare skin by a paintball, it does hurt and can leave a nasty bruise.

However, in today's litigious-happy and media sensationalized society, I would be the “bad guy” for this and the poor “victim” would probably sue me for every penny I have!

But it appears that I can run them over while driving drunk and all I would get is a slap on the wrist and probation, so maybe that’s the solution!*

Cheers! M2

* - In case it isn’t clear, that statement was made in jest and I would never condone driving intoxicated!
After shooting the culprit, just don't go over, put your foot on his chest and yell in two languages, "Die Punk". You should be OK.

Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 PM

18,130 posts, read 25,278,015 times
I haven't had to deal with this,
but if I'm affected by a graffiti, I'm gonna write under it
"sucks ......"

Old 08-25-2009, 12:25 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopo View Post
I haven't had to deal with this,
but if I'm affected by a graffiti, I'm gonna write under it
"sucks ......"
Graffiti doesn't exist in Cibolo

Old 08-25-2009, 12:46 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,985,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilGar View Post
After shooting the culprit, just don't go over, put your foot on his chest and yell in two languages, "Die Punk". You should be OK.
Actually, I prefer something more along the lines of..."I know what you're thinking...'Did he fire six shots, or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

If I can't have that moment to treasure, then it's not worth it!

Old 08-25-2009, 12:51 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
I'm not sure if this is actually legal.. If you peppered them with a paintball gun (from your property) and they came at you, I would think you could defend yourself and stop the threat. right?
Justification for the paintball marks on them would be that you heard some noise and thought it was an animal so you popped a couple rounds off to scare it off. You then turned on the light and saw an attacker "coming right for you"

YouTube - south park clip

Old 08-25-2009, 04:04 PM

6,884 posts, read 20,404,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majormadmax View Post
Actually, I prefer something more along the lines of..."I know what you're thinking...'Did he fire six shots, or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

If I can't have that moment to treasure, then it's not worth it!

Oh man. That would be awesome.

So, somebody clue me in: does San Antonio have a law like Houston does, where if you have property with graffiti, you have to clean it up or paint over it within a set time (I think it's hours or a few days).

Here's a tagger-sympathizing blogger in Houston. This guy makes me want to vomit, frankly.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:10 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,387,646 times
there are a couple of sympthaizers on this forum as well. I think the world would be a much better place if they all ended up like the trash that blogger you linked to is whining about.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:13 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,822,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Oh man. That would be awesome.

So, somebody clue me in: does San Antonio have a law like Houston does, where if you have property with graffiti, you have to clean it up or paint over it within a set time (I think it's hours or a few days).

Here's a tagger-sympathizing blogger in Houston. This guy makes me want to vomit, frankly.
No...or if there is one, it isn't enforced.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:24 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,290,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
No...or if there is one, it isn't enforced.
There isnt one. Code compliance might stop by and see if you would "like some help" in cleaning it up, but you dont have to remove it if you dont want to. I personally asked my lame-O city councilman, PHILIP CORTEZ, and that was his response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio