Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2009, 03:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,911 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to North San Antonio, what are some nice, safe, newer neighborhoods to look at near the 10 just north of the 1604?

Thanks,
Jim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2009, 03:48 PM

2,260 posts, read 5,614,577 times
Are you moving from CA by chance? "The 10"..."the 1604"...

I can't help you in your quest, as that isn't my 'hood, but welcome to town and check out the relo sticky at the top of the forum.

Old 05-11-2009, 03:53 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,687,247 times
Your price range will really determine how "new" of a house you can get in that area. Everything is very nice and safe, though. You won't find any vintage houses in the area (although they may feel like it if they haven't been taken care of). The oldest homes you'll find in that area were probably built in the late 60s/early 70s.

You'll also find new builder homes the farther out on 10 you go. I'm going to plead ignorance on neighborhood names now (although I used to know...now these areas are like 10-15 years old). Those houses will probably be in the 250s-700s depending on what you want and need.

Reading the sticky is your best option right now. Just wanted to say everything is nice and safe.

Old 05-11-2009, 05:05 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,820,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesher View Post
We are looking to move to North San Antonio, what are some nice, safe, newer neighborhoods to look at near the 10 just north of the 1604?

Thanks,
Jim
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...index-san.html

Old 05-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Jim, as other members have stated, we'll need to know your price range to point you in the right direction up in that area. If you're looking for a $1M+ home, you'll find plenty of those very close by.

Any other details from the Terms of Service quote below would be helpful, too.

Quote:
Please use the Search this Forum tool to find info you need, as much has already been written about schools, jobs, weather, crime, prices, rentals, walkability and other aspects of a location. If you don't find it, please sign in and ask your questions. New users should use the Search this Forum tool before posting a question that may have already been answered. Let us know that you have searched the forums, so we don't assume otherwise.

When asking questions about a location, give as much detail as you can, so we can zero in on the info you need. If house hunting, what is your price level or rental amount. How many BR's, Baths, square feet, lot size, etc, do you need? Pets? SFH, TH, Condo, mobile home? In-town, rural, college town, military town, mountains? Schools for children? Gated community, golf course community, active senior community? Do you need to stable a horse? Is there an RV or boat trailer to consider? The more you tell us, the sooner our regular posters can reply with specificity. Same for any other criteria you have. Please avoid open-ended requests like "I'm moving to your city, tell me EVERYTHING I need to know."

Old 05-12-2009, 05:51 AM

4,307 posts, read 9,552,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaGrace View Post
I left SoCal in 1992 and I still can't help but say "the 10". I can manage leaving out "the" with the other highways since the numbers are different than those in CA, but I grew up near THE 10, so it'll always be THE 10.

I confess it was nice being in CA recently where everyone was saying it properly

Old 05-12-2009, 08:42 AM

83 posts, read 369,382 times
If you go out to Boerne Stage Road you can find several neighborhoods with newer homes(1-3 years old) and some brand new or to be constructed homes in the area. Neighborhoods include Stage Run (KB), Walnut Pass (DR Horton), Lost Creek (Centex/Pulte), Two Creeks (David Weekly/Woodside)and Sundance Ranch (Ryland/Merceds). The first three would probably be from the high 100's to the high 200's and the last two would be from the mid 200's to the 400's.
This is my "hood" and we love the area.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:42 PM

2 posts, read 3,911 times
Quote:

I can't help you in your quest, as that isn't my 'hood, but welcome to town and check out the relo sticky at the top of the forum.
Yup, coming from Socal

Old 05-12-2009, 04:20 PM

278 posts, read 693,170 times
Quote:

is there more than one?!? nope, so its THE 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio