U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2008, 04:43 PM

40 posts, read 130,838 times

Advertisements

I have lost my son's immunization card!! Is there any way to get a replacement? We moved around a lot when he was younger, so he got his shots at several different places. Does a state agency keep a record of this?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 04:46 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,104,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msunrullieone View Post
I have lost my son's immunization card!! Is there any way to get a replacement? We moved around a lot when he was younger, so he got his shots at several different places. Does a state agency keep a record of this?
Try here...

Frequently Requested Documents - Open Records Request Information for the City of San Antonio

Old 08-15-2008, 05:42 PM

2,970 posts, read 9,203,272 times
If it was all done in Bexar county, then the records should be here. if not, then I dont think so. Its according to where the shots were done at. Some schools keep the records, its depending on how old he is.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:58 PM
djw

951 posts, read 2,673,934 times
YOu could request copies of school records that sometimes contain shot records. Or you could inquire at the pediatric clinics or whatever health agency you used to get the shots.
If you moved around, there may not be just one place. May have to call several places, then take all the info to his current doc to have it all compiled onto one record.

Good luck!

Old 08-15-2008, 06:00 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,388,993 times
When we moved, I got my kids' shot records from the state we lived in (in our case WI) I don't know if every state has a registry like that?

I just looked around a little, in TX it is called Immtrac. Just look up Texas Immunization Records. Try typing in the state(s) that you lived in before to see if they have a similar registry.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:40 PM

7,629 posts, read 15,295,425 times
I would ask for a copy from his last school enrolled at...and anything he/she has received since then might be easier to obtain/reaccomplish than the entire record.

Good luck...having been military, I feel your pain in trying to keep them all together. Each of our 6 kids had two shot records...one that I used and one filed in our important paperwork file. Never lost one, but convinced it was only because I had a backup. Of course, now you can just photo copy it each time you get an update, but that was back in the day.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:24 PM

4,290 posts, read 8,894,485 times
The state registry is called ImmTrac. This maintains all immunizations records until your child is an adult if your doctor submitted the info. Not all doctors do (ours doesn't - even tho a lot of his clients work in public health!, but I submit it myself). This is maintained by the state, but is the same system that San Antonio Metro Health District (Bexar County) feeds into. So any immunizations done in Bexar should in theory be in that system, again, if the doctor submitted it.
For more info on Immtrac, try
Immunization Branch, ImmTrac Texas Immunization Registry

All the states have a system to track immunizations, though the name may be different. Just do a search for the state + immunization registry.

Also, each doctor's office, even if they didn't submit the record to the state, will have their own record. You can request copies from each. If any shots were done in a public health clinic, that will have been submitted to the registry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: