Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 11:25 AM

2 posts, read 13,956 times

Advertisements

The Riverchase restictions are not bad. The ACC, however is another issue. We are finally in the building process, but only after resolving 2 issues with the ACC. First, we wanted a portege on the front of the house, had sized it for 2 cars, the ACC though it was too big and frowned allowing porteges since they think they are only carports. It seams they only want people to park in their garages, but unfortunately can control where people park so they don't want to give them any opportunity to park elsewhere. I might understand the ACC point of view, if the protege was at the side of the house or behind it, than it is only a carport, but when the portege is up front, that's another issue. To resolve this issue we had to reduce the size down to 1 car. Now if we have quests over, only 1 car can park inside the portege out of the inclimate weather. The later quest is out of luck. To us it was less of an eye sore to have cars parked under a roof on a circular drive than having cars just lined up on the circular drive and not hidden. You would think that would be a bigger issue.

The second issue focused on the set back from the front property line. The house was planned to be constructed 55 ft from the property line. The property line happended to be 20 feet from the street, so we figured being 75 feet from the stree was fine. Not for the ACC. They didn't care how far the building was from the street, but it was a property line set back, not a street set back. They won't budge. We had to move the house back the extra 5 feet, farther down a slope forcing us to use additional fill and concrete for construction.

Our experience with the ACC has not been good. They have their opinions and that is the way it is. Very little compromise. Since the ACC is usually the first organized group you deal with from the community, they do not leave you with a very good attitude toward the community. We haven't moved in yet, but already feel we are at odds with the community. The ACC needs to have more members with some common sense and tact, not everything is black and white, there is a lot of gray, and that may mean they might have to give a little.

For us, the Riverchase restrictions were reasonable and not difficult to work with, it was the ACC interpreters who were unreasonable and difficult to work with.

Last edited by BigBill2; 09-02-2009 at 11:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 01:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,379 times
I am currently building in River Chase. I have not experienced any difficulties with the ACC. They approved my plan promptly and without requesting any changes to my plans. I am looking forward to moving into the neighborhood as the amenities are so great and the association fee is so low compared to others I researched. If anyone is looking for a builder, I highly recommend Mahoney Custom Homes of Canyon Lake. They are doing an outstanding job on the construction of my home and they are delightful to work with. Laurie Mahoney is the designer and she will make every effort to accommodate anything you request so you are truly building your dream home. Brian Mahoney is a very hands-on builder who is on the site often and insists on a high quality of workmanship from his subs. I have never seen such a well-managed and clean job site. Can't wait until it is done!

Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 PM

1 posts, read 3,353 times
Yes, we purchased two lots in River Chase and plan to build on one lot when we retire in a year or two and sell the other one. We bought both lots they were adjacent and at the top of the hill on a cul-de-sac and we were not sure where our home would best fit, on one or the other. We have made our choice based on the lot that best suits our home plans. We have terrific views from both lots. We love the area, the people are unbelievably friendly and helpful. The lot we plan to sell is 1.5 acres, very wooded, with a lot of level areas plus higher elevations for views. Existing home next to the lot would not obstruct the view.

Old 11-11-2009, 08:56 PM

1 posts, read 3,346 times
River Chase is in a great location. We had planned to locate there in a year, but our children moved to another part of the state. Now we have 3.4 beautiful acres there in Section 8. We are anxious to sell so we can move close to our children. We will sell below market. If you know of anyone who would be interested, please contact me.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:09 PM

1 posts, read 3,314 times
River Chase is in a great location-Joan Slater

Where is your lot located and what are you asking for it. I have been looking for something in the section closer to the River.

Old 04-22-2010, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,196 times
HOA is $150, not $175 -- fabulous place to live on both sides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverChaseLot View Post
HOA = $175
Deed Restrictions could be consider restrictive although the lots tend to be large leaving a lot of independence. I am sure there is a handful of individuals that have been assigned to monitor closely things related to your property and send out those suggestive letters (little stressful hints) as has become common in almost any managed comunity. Signifent easement requirements on sides of lot may make a little diffucult to locate a home especially on those narrow lots found at the end of cult. or curved roads sections. When you view a lot make sure you understand where the additional easments may impact your land. All dwellings must be 1800 sq.ft. for single story and 2000 for two story. If guest/servants house is built it must be between 500 and 1000 sq.ft. and is built after main dwelling is complete. A barn can be placed on the property ahead of main as long as it is on the rear half of property, out of site of any road. All construction must be approved by Architectural Control Committee. All must have at least a two car garage using same general construction as main with a side or rear entrence. Buildings must be maintain 40' from property sides and 75' from rear and front but these may be waived for the Committee. Must have a Class 1 Aerobic Septic tank system etc. Lots already have water, electricity and probably communications.
This is my intepertation of what I believe I understand about some of the restrictions, etc.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:30 PM

4 posts, read 6,827 times
Default River Chase property

I own 2 - 1 1/4 acres north fm306 Legacy Road, trying to decide to develope of just sell the lots. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 05-15-2010, 02:46 PM

2 posts, read 6,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnqueen View Post
Has anyone purchased and/or built in Riverchase development in New Braunfels? We are considering moving from Temecula, CA to NB, and are wide open as to where to built. We need one home and a small guest house. I've heard that new construction takes from 6 mos to a year for a home to be built. Does that sound right? We're planning on building approx 2000 sq ft home. Any feedback would be great. We can't wait to start our new life in TX - have tons of family there and love it. Thanks!
Did you ever move to River Chase? My husband lives and works in Temecula right now and will be retiring to Texas soon. We plan to move to the New Braunfels area in a couple of years.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:48 PM

2 posts, read 6,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgerling View Post
Yes, we purchased two lots in River Chase and plan to build on one lot when we retire in a year or two and sell the other one. We bought both lots they were adjacent and at the top of the hill on a cul-de-sac and we were not sure where our home would best fit, on one or the other. We have made our choice based on the lot that best suits our home plans. We have terrific views from both lots. We love the area, the people are unbelievably friendly and helpful. The lot we plan to sell is 1.5 acres, very wooded, with a lot of level areas plus higher elevations for views. Existing home next to the lot would not obstruct the view.
Do you have your property on the market? We are currently looking in the RC subdivision. What is the address of the property, I would like to check it out.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:05 PM

3 posts, read 7,241 times
I live in Riverchase now. The people are very friendly, however the HOA is a pain to deal with, as I understand Riverchase HOA have had two lawsuits against them and have lost both of them (I have been this information from several people, but I have not seen the paper work). There is another lawsuit that is going to be files within a week or two.

The area is very nice and you are away from town, the bottom line is the Riverchase HOA and how much you want to put up with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnqueen View Post
Has anyone purchased and/or built in Riverchase development in New Braunfels? We are considering moving from Temecula, CA to NB, and are wide open as to where to built. We need one home and a small guest house. I've heard that new construction takes from 6 mos to a year for a home to be built. Does that sound right? We're planning on building approx 2000 sq ft home. Any feedback would be great. We can't wait to start our new life in TX - have tons of family there and love it. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio