Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 07:29 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,382,068 times

Advertisements

I'm so glad mine are graduated and I don't have to work tomorrow. I know the roads are going to be a nightmare and my wife and daughter are already planning how extra early they'll have to leave in order to make it to work on time. Hopefully the high gas prices keep a lot of the cars off the road during the school year, but I doubt it will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 07:35 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmjsm View Post
the teacher handed out a parent care package. It was a tea bag, some cookies, kleenex, and a note she wrote saying how much we had to look forward to and to celebrate the day.
What an awesome teacher! I love hearing these types of stories! Both of my sons have been so lucky to have wonderful teachers here in San Antonio. There have been one or two that were just awful, but the vast majority truly cared about my kids and all the others in the classroom. How sweet of her to do that!!

Old 08-25-2008, 06:13 AM

8,399 posts, read 22,979,962 times
Our oldest boy starts middle school and the youngest third grade. The wife is more upset since she has a broken foot and cannot take them to school; but the oldest wants to ride the bus anyway. I have a picture on my desk of our oldest when he was about two, I had to squat down to be in the picture with him. Now, at age 11, he wears a bigger shoe than I do!

Orientation at my oldest's middle school was fun, especially considering my wife was in a wheelchair...

Cheers! M2

Old 08-25-2008, 06:38 AM

139 posts, read 363,667 times
Well, all 3 made it on their busses OK this morning. We had a relatively smooth morning, I am glad. I can not wait to hear the stories from them later on about how the rest of their day went!

Old 08-25-2008, 07:21 AM

my chihuahua is growling at the bus as it drives by. He's been doing it for years even though my son stopped riding the bus a couple years ago and no longer even lives in the house.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:38 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
My oldest is a senior this year so this morning was her last "first day" .
I have a picture of her by a tree at my in-laws waiting for the school bus on her first day of kindergarten and today we took a picture by the same tree. But instead of her getting on the school bus she drove away in her truck.
It was a sad morning for me, but exciting for her.

My youngest is going into the 7th grade. Both of my girls were very excited about school starting. Hard to believe because I was NEVER excited about going back to school

Old 08-25-2008, 08:42 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Yeah, well, my dh "forgot" to take a pic this morning. Yeah, we can do it tomorrow morning, but it's not the same and he knows it. It's his first day of middle school--and I'm still drying the tears from 5th grade graduation.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:46 AM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire View Post
Yeah, well, my dh "forgot" to take a pic this morning. Yeah, we can do it tomorrow morning, but it's not the same and he knows it. It's his first day of middle school--and I'm still drying the tears from 5th grade graduation.
You're right, you can take a picture tomorrow but it just isn't the same (maybe that's a mommy thing). But do still take the picture tomorrow.

I have pictures of my girls from every year on the first day of school.
I'm sure next year will be sad too since I will only be taking pictures of one

I really need to get my mind on something else today .

Old 08-25-2008, 09:20 AM

12,114 posts, read 14,991,553 times
My baby started collage today!! I think it was harder than kindergarten. At this age they have one foot in the real world and one foot at home. Even thou she has worked for over a year this is different somehow. It's so hard not to grab her by the ankle and try to pull her back, but you know it's got to happen. It's best to just let them fly. I guess the hardest part is not planing AROUND them anymore. She has her own schedule . sigh........

Old 08-25-2008, 09:23 AM

I wouldn't take a picture the second day because it will only serve as a physical reminder that nobody took one the first day, but that's just me.
As far as me, I'm going to a couple stores because they should be EMPTY
made the huge mistake of stopping by HEB+ last night around 6:00 PM and believe it or not I was not the only one there.. extra sucky part was I got some hot dogs and lunch meat and forgot to put them in the fridge. I figured they'd be ok since the house is set at a low temp for a/c and they were still packaged, but all my online research made me throw them in the trash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio