Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,093,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnappyBob View Post
Why eat Bagles when you can have Breakfast Tacos.
Breakfast tacos can be made at home for cheap, which takes away some of the specialness. I have yet to meet anyone who can make bagels at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2009, 07:16 PM

616 posts, read 2,082,753 times
We made bagels at home once, just for the experience.

After making an unholy mess and wearing ourselves out, we came to the conclusion that in the future, if one of us REALLY wants an authentic bagel, we will just call up our friend who lives in NYC and have her Fed-Ex us two dozen from H&H.

Bagels are one of those things, like Baked Alaska or Beef Wellington, that's better left to the professionals.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:19 AM

469 posts, read 2,341,703 times
I can't believe they are FINALLY getting a real bagel place in San Antonio. I guess enough of us out of towners moved in to warrant a store. And for those who believe that breakfast tacos are the only thing people meed for breakfast well, you know, not very one lives off of those things. Variety, it's the spice of life.
I just can't wait until I can get another fresh hot sticky cinnamon bagel again. It's been years!

Old 03-01-2009, 01:22 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,991,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleSG View Post
I can't believe they are FINALLY getting a real bagel place in San Antonio. I guess enough of us out of towners moved in to warrant a store. And for those who believe that breakfast tacos are the only thing people meed for breakfast well, you know, not very one lives off of those things. Variety, it's the spice of life.
I just can't wait until I can get another fresh hot sticky cinnamon bagel again. It's been years!
If they taste anything like the Noah's bagels that I used to love in so cal, bring it on! there is nothing like hot cinnamon raisin bagels with butter.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:13 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,697,934 times
I remembered this thread from awhile ago and decided to give everyone a FYI! I just noticed today, the Bagels in the Bakery at Target are actually Einstein Bagels! I never knew that! They have a whole variety of them. So, next time you are craving one of their bagels, or just need a good bagel fix, there ya go!

Old 04-15-2009, 02:37 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,204,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojokitty View Post
I remembered this thread from awhile ago and decided to give everyone a FYI! I just noticed today, the Bagels in the Bakery at Target are actually Einstein Bagels! I never knew that! They have a whole variety of them. So, next time you are craving one of their bagels, or just need a good bagel fix, there ya go!
Thanks I will have to check that out. My youngest LOVES bagels.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:09 PM

348 posts, read 1,222,316 times
You can also buy them at Costco (IH-10 location, not sure about other locations).

I think it is 2 bags for 3.99 (each bag has 6 bagels). I buy 2 bags and freeze the extras.

Limited flavors at Costco: plain, sesame, blueberry, cinnamon and garlic n cheese ( i think).

Except I haven't seen the shmears (cream cheese) at Costco.

I still love their bagel melts whenever I can find a store....which, sometimes, includes treking up to the UTSA campus!

Old 04-15-2009, 07:28 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,552,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTexan View Post
You can also buy them at Costco (IH-10 location, not sure about other locations).

I think it is 2 bags for 3.99 (each bag has 6 bagels). I buy 2 bags and freeze the extras.

Limited flavors at Costco: plain, sesame, blueberry, cinnamon and garlic n cheese ( i think).

Except I haven't seen the shmears (cream cheese) at Costco.

I still love their bagel melts whenever I can find a store....which, sometimes, includes treking up to the UTSA campus!

Ditto the availability at the 281/1601 Costco, no shmears. I think they also have onion and "garbage" (everything) bagels, too.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:03 PM

49 posts, read 139,249 times
I saw the place from I-10 today but didn't have time to drive by to get a closer look. Is this place opened yet?

Old 07-30-2009, 08:08 PM

9,848 posts, read 13,685,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ang3ldu5t View Post
I saw the place from I-10 today but didn't have time to drive by to get a closer look. Is this place opened yet?
I drive by it every single day. It's nowhere near ready. The "Now Hiring!" sign is up (for anyone looking). I will keep everyone updated. It's in the spot where the Washington Mutual Home Loans used to be behind the IHOP on the corner of Silicon & De Zavala.

I've never really had a taste for bagels aside from Sarah Lee bagels from the grocery store every once in a while...but since it's so close to home I'll have to run by and check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio