Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 07:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,154 times

Advertisements

what kind of phones do pocket flash

Old 07-01-2010, 08:47 PM

1,316 posts, read 3,407,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashhhh View Post
what kind of phones do pocket flash
Pocket doesn't do the flashing. You have to take a "compatible" phone to a flashing place to do it for you (either a partial or full flash).

Not all phones can be flashed to Pocket since Pocket is a small company serving South Texas (SA, the RGV) only.

ALMOST ALL Sprint and Verizon phones CAN be flashed to Cricket however. They are all on the CDMA network.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:11 PM

2,216 posts, read 4,540,786 times
Ugh. Think I mentioned that last fall we went with Pocket. I hated it. Stuck it out for four months and we are now back with Sprint. Meanwhile I still qualified for 3 rebates on the phones we purchased. Sent that in back in January. Received a denial so I called. They realized it was their mistake when typing in the numbers, said they would fix it.This continued everytime I called. In the end I called at least 5 times, documented supervisors that I spoke with, emailed, sent letters over and over............
So here we are mid July and I JUST NOW recieved in the mail my 3 rebate cards. That has to be the worst service I have ever received.
Just throwing that out there for those still considering....

Old 08-06-2010, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 2,057 times
yes cricket is better on they're 3g network being runed by Sprint. Sometimes the signal lacks and you get a lot of dropped calls depending on your area. Coverage map is not 100% accurate. Now they're plans include tax (e.g $25 plan plus 5 dollars now its $30 including the five dollars. Extended coverage is now free due to the agreement with metro pcs and maybe have another chance to merge with metro (they're still deciding). 3g is not available in the entire calling area and since the merge with pocket and leap aka cricket! pocket consumers will be with cricket by 2011. Me i don't like cricket service they ripped me off too many times I wish I had AT&T.

oh and by the way they could flash any phone as long as its not a gsm phone (T-Mobile , At&t)

Old 08-08-2010, 12:35 PM

27 posts, read 43,523 times
Sorry to weigh in late, but I just found this forum. Been with Pocket for nearly a year now - unlimited talk, text, and picture mail for less than $30 month, total. The only issue I've had has been an occasional dropped call.

Roaming charges aren't usually an issue, since I don't travel out of the service area very often - and when I do, I use text -which is included in the plan.

I've been with all the heavyweights - ATT, Sprint, T-Mobile - and had several prepaid, like Virgin and Trac. True, the best overall service I got was from Sprint - but for the money, Pocket is hard to beat.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:01 PM

472 posts, read 1,076,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xsa210tx View Post
Pocket doesn't do the flashing. You have to take a "compatible" phone to a flashing place to do it for you (either a partial or full flash).

Not all phones can be flashed to Pocket since Pocket is a small company serving South Texas (SA, the RGV) only.

ALMOST ALL Sprint and Verizon phones CAN be flashed to Cricket however. They are all on the CDMA network.
There is a Pocket store at the corner of Basse and Blanco Rd. written on their windows they do flashing,....

Old 08-09-2010, 07:52 AM

7,005 posts, read 12,475,795 times
I'm not too keen on signing contracts with anyone. Cricket has unlimited, talk, text, picture/video messaging, and data for a low price. Cricket has now gotten a Blackberry phone. There are rumors that Cricket will be getting an Android phone and some other phones with HTML browsers.

I chose Cricket over Pocket because of greater coverage, Cricket's ability to obtain better smart phones in the future, and Cricket being on a 3G network. I don't believe Pocket has a 3G network, but I could be wrong.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meisha210 View Post
Cricket has now gotten a Blackberry phone. There are rumors that Cricket will be getting an Android phone and some other phones with HTML browsers.
Yes, both are on Cricket now! Here are some pictures below:

Larger image at: http://images.crackberry.com/files/u7860/cricket-6.jpg

Old 10-02-2010, 08:56 AM

IT'S OFFICIAL! The Pocket name will be a part of history soon.

Pocket and Cricket have finally merged. Merging of Pocket, Cricket is finalized

The article says, "Customers first will see banners at both company's stores alerting them of the change, and eventually Pocket signs will be replaced with Cricket signs, he said.

We'll miss you Pocket. Go Cricket!

Old 10-17-2010, 07:16 PM

Tonight I was doing some online browsing and found out that Pocket put a message on their website saying that the company is essentially shutting down all services on Oct 31st 2010!!

If you know anyone with Pocket, you might want to pass it along very fast! It makes no mention of the impending "Cricket takeover" of the company though.

NOTICE OF TERMINATION/CANCELLATION OF SERVICE POCKET COMMUNICATIONS

We regret to inform you that as a result of unsustainable losses, Pocket Communications is unable to continue in business and will cease operations and no longer provide wireless communications services to you. Pocket Communications will cease providing service on October 31, 2010. As such, pursuant to the Terms and Conditions of our agreement with you and in accordance with applicable laws, we are giving you notice that as of October 31, 2010 we will no longer provide wireless services and your wireless service will cease. To the extent that you would like service until October 31, 2010, we will be taking partial month payments to bridge service between now and October 31st. You will be entitled to a refund of any monies in your Value Pocket. In order to receive a refund, please be advised that you must go to your nearest Pocket retail store AND have your phone with you, for verification purposes, to receive a refund of any unused balance in your Value Pocket. You can retrieve your Value Pocket balance by dialing *729 from your Pocket phone.

We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate the opportunity to have served you.<<<<<

Last edited by xsa210tx; 10-17-2010 at 07:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio