Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 02:02 PM

8 posts, read 13,402 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frootloop6 View Post
I was visiting your fine city three weeks ago to find a new home and got stuck in the "fast" lane driving at about 5 mph past the airport on 410. The lane was closed up ahead for construction and as soon as I realized this I put my turn signal on to move over one lane. That's when Mr. Ford Focus sped up to about 8 miles an hour in order to get right next to me, preventing my lane change. I finally managed to squeeze in just before I would have hit the barriers. Perhaps, Mr. Focus, you would have preferred I side swipe your lovely little car? About a mile further up the road, beyond the construction, I was getting closer to my exit and put my turn signal on to get into the slow lane and prepare to exit. Well, Ms. Big-Ol-Pick-Up decided that it was just not right to move in front of her, maybe because she wasn't exiting, and sped up to prevent me from exiting. This happened one more time before I could finally leave I-410. Three rude drivers in the span of about 5 miles. Do out of state plates mean "abuse me?"

By the time I arrived at my real estate agent's office I was literally in tears. I've been through a lot in the past couple years and this is supposed to be my fresh start. I thought people in Texas were supposed to be nice and friendly. I'm moving out of Arizona to get away from mean inconsiderate people (cheating ex-fiance and cruel uncaring boss) and am wondering at this point why I decided on San Antonio. I love the weather, the cost of living, the fact that you have real malls and stores there, major league sports, night life, etc., but I'm scared because everyone seems to be all about being mean to others. Is it really so hard to let someone into your lane? Seriously? What's the big deal? I hope I just had the back luck to drive near the only three rude drivers in town. What are the odds?

People in San Antonio can't drive and are horribly rude behind the wheel. However, I don't know that I've ever lived in a place with such nice people in person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 08:12 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,273,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatriguena View Post
People in San Antonio can't drive and are horribly rude behind the wheel. However, I don't know that I've ever lived in a place with such nice people in person.
That is very true. Almost everyone here is friendly when you're meeting in person, but behind the wheel it's definitely Mr. Hyde driving.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:48 AM

1,314 posts, read 3,162,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
There is no way I would register for that site. You have to give them your DL# and real name to register!
That's probably because there are laws on what you can do with the data you retrieve, so they want an audit trail in case the law comes knocking.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:55 AM

64 posts, read 128,932 times
People,unfortunately , in order to get anywhere , have learned DO NOT USE YOUR SIGNAL LIGHTS.! Sadly it seems to be a signal for everyone to pass you as quickly as possible!!
I do drive a big truck and I follow the law and I do use signal lights;there may be one person out of 20 who let me in. Aim high, look at the traffic far ahead, that way you give yourself a lot of room and time to make a change before you do it in panic and contribute to a problem.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:01 PM

I don't know if I can put this up but .... here goes.... Most people when they realise that they are about to be in an accident say ,"Oh s......", In Texas they say,"Hold my beer and watch this s....!"

Old 11-03-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Agreed! Most especially those 18-wheeler truck drivers who think they own the road and try to intimidate other drivers by riding their bumpers.
I am an otr driver and I am sorry that some of us have intimidated you by riding your bumper. Please remember that the center lane is our passing lane because we cannot go into the left lane in a lot of places. That is not an excuse just an explanation.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:23 AM

This law needs a flood of phone calls, faxes, and letters of support

If You Don't Pay Attention While Driving, You Could Pay | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

I love it when a lawmaker gets a crazy idea that actually makes sense and helps the people.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:36 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,487,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
This law needs a flood of phone calls, faxes, and letters of support

If You Don't Pay Attention While Driving, You Could Pay | WOAI.COM: San Antonio News

I love it when a lawmaker gets a crazy idea that actually makes sense and helps the people.

I was thinking the same thing. how about an official SA Driver thread, in where people can rant, point out all the aggressive, Idiot, and talkers/texters. It could be fun. I know I'd be on that thread every day I get back from work.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:50 PM

I was talking about an actual law that was proposed.
This thread is already full of rants about people's driving, so feel free to vent in it. It's not like there's a shortage of bad drivers in this city..

Old 01-31-2009, 01:54 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,487,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
I was talking about an actual law that was proposed.
This thread is already full of rants about people's driving, so feel free to vent in it. It's not like there's a shortage of bad drivers in this city..

I agree on the law as well. But should it pass I dont see the Police department enforcing it. The only people I see that do their job is the DPS Troopers and The DPS DOT Troopers. I know because they have squirmed 1000's in fines from me in one week
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio