Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 08:04 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,351,551 times

Advertisements

Thanks. The rest of my weekend was generally positive. Of course, my real estate agent was doing most of the driving after that first day The people in shops and restaurants were quite friendly (except the super model skinny hostess in 6 inch heels at one Italian restaurant) but I am looking forward to learning the routes around town after I move there so I can make sure I'm in the proper lane at least 5 miles ahead of my exit.

I know that other big cities have driving problems too. I lived in L.A. and the DC area for years. I was very nervous moving back to Washington DC and trying to merge onto the beltway from the left (yes, some interchanges work that way) after living in Germany where the left lane is for passing only (or you'll end up with a 200 mph Porsche up your rear end), but changing lanes in SA seems especially tricky.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 08:14 PM

1,297 posts, read 3,112,284 times
i'm guessing some of you have your turn signal way ahead of time which makes no sense. when you see a gap, take advantage of it! i really dislike seeing cars like a few posters mentioned above who will have their turn signal on, but literally take FOREVER to finally make the lane change. it should take less than a second-making the turn signal, while getting in the next lane to change in.

i'm one of those, a very aggressive driver; but with no accidents and clean history. when people take their time to do something, and become hesistant on the road i keep going on and ignore them. i also think i have a nyc style of driving. i'm not on the road for mere recreation and enjoyment how some seem to be. i want to be off the road as soon as possible.

i'm not saying you specifically drive like this, but many in sa do and it gets annoying after a while. especially when in dallas and houston traffic moves a lot faster.

welcome to sa, i'm one of those nice people, but can be quite an aggressive person on the road.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:32 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,517,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
if that was the worst thing that happened to you on the roads of SA, consider yourself VERY lucky. The typical driver here could easily beat that when it comes to complete incompetence, rudeness, and probably being drunk to top it all off.
most San Antonio Drivers suck period! most of them are uninsured, uneducated, and plain ignorant. It seems like they find their license on their cereal boxes nowadays. tsk tsk.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:36 PM

4,263 posts, read 10,852,427 times
You got yours out of the gumball machine. Which is worse?

Old 08-26-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
"""What are the odds?"""

The odds are that you probably waited until the last GD second to signal and try to get over...there's your "odds".
when that happens it is always wise to let the morron thats clueless get the hell over, when he's actually signaling cause chances are that when you are denying them access they'll more than likely take it, as you approach them.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
You got yours out of the gumball machine. Which is worse?

and with that reply prooves my point, thank you very much. and dont worry I am shure that your driving instructor was half as drunk as you were the day you took your driving test.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
and with that reply prooves my point, thank you very much. and dont worry I am shure that your driving instructor was half as drunk as you were the day you took your driving test.

Shure it prooves..hehe. Edumakation at it's best.

Cereal box, Gumball machine or Cracker Jack? Which one? Thanks for playing.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:44 PM

wow looks like you live for these internet arguments, I might be undereductated as you say, but I know one thing Im a better driver than you.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frootloop6 View Post
Thanks. The rest of my weekend was generally positive. Of course, my real estate agent was doing most of the driving after that first day The people in shops and restaurants were quite friendly (except the super model skinny hostess in 6 inch heels at one Italian restaurant) but I am looking forward to learning the routes around town after I move there so I can make sure I'm in the proper lane at least 5 miles ahead of my exit.

I know that other big cities have driving problems too. I lived in L.A. and the DC area for years. I was very nervous moving back to Washington DC and trying to merge onto the beltway from the left (yes, some interchanges work that way) after living in Germany where the left lane is for passing only (or you'll end up with a 200 mph Porsche up your rear end), but changing lanes in SA seems especially tricky.
Yes other city's have traffic problems but here, its like the drivers do it on purpose. Last year during the time it froze over there were a bunch of accidents, My girlfriend is from detroit and her dad says every time it froze over they never had accidents. Here it was like like a scrap yard. Not only when it freezes, its worse when it rains. Thats when peoples stupidity's are exposed, People haull ass thinking the pavement is dry then all of a sudden 5 car collision. At the lights people take off as if they were at the drag strips unfortunately they spin for about ten seconds till they relaize that their car isnt moving. Honestly its hilarious watching people drive here. get some popcorn.

Old 08-26-2008, 08:52 PM

Mama's little baby loves shortcake, shortcake......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio