Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:20 PM

1,720 posts, read 4,504,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstclassflyer View Post
I don't care how you choose to butcher the English language, but you should. That's embarrassing.

Now, go change your diaper. I smell something funky.

lol at least you got a sense of humor! hey keyboarding and spelling is not easy, what I wouldnt give to type like those secretaries at the bank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
First of all, it's not just some...not most...San Antonio drivers who suck, that's anywhere. Around here, it seems that people have no idea that their vehicles come with signal lights, people weave in and out of traffic, will squeeze their way into lanes, not to mention stupid motorcycle drivers and their lane-splitting.

As for you, SVG210, you want to throw out that most SA drivers are uneducated, then proceed to butcher the English language. What gives? Also, has it ever occurred to you that as South Texans, most drivers have no idea as to how to drive on icy roads, which may lead to more accidents? It's also highly doubtful that no accidents occur because of icy conditions in Michigan. Puh-leeze!
I just noticed about the uneducated remark I meant driving wise. however as I said most because I aslo included those jerk tailgaters.

Old 08-27-2008, 12:35 PM

2,397 posts, read 6,455,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svg210 View Post
I just noticed about the uneducated remark I meant driving wise. however as I said most because I aslo included those jerk tailgaters.
Agreed! Most especially those 18-wheeler truck drivers who think they own the road and try to intimidate other drivers by riding their bumpers.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:08 PM

Ohh I hate that asweel. I almost ran over an innocent lady while avoiding one of those OTR drivers that cut me off while I was comming off I35 in Devine. He got upset because I honked at him so he stoped at the light for about four light cycles. I eventually lost it, and got out of my truck and went over to get his butt down from there so I could beat some sense on to him. he took off lol I got a bunch of thumbs up from the drivers that were behind me, then about 2 hours later I was on the way to the yard and I noticed he was filling up at the travel center on Fischer Rd. so I went in there looked at his trailer numbers and parked right next to him. Then I noticed he was an old man with a real dirty shirt so I said to myself "its not worth it" besided his look on his face said it all he was terrified.

anyway road rage asides. Some people have no sense of courtesy tailgaiting is the lowest form of pressuring when other truckers do that to me I slow down, till they eventually pass me.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:02 PM

1,314 posts, read 3,177,379 times
Everyone here knows that you don't dare signal if you want to change lanes! If you do, people interpret that as an invitation to cut you off. So if you see an opening, just take it. Of course, then everyone complains that nobody signals.

Old 08-27-2008, 02:08 PM

Agreed but when I'm im my tractor trailer I have to signal but I creep up on the lane as im doing it whenever i run into those type of drivers.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:01 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,983,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntoQT View Post
Well, here in San Diego, where lanesplitting is legal, it's still a PITA! Motorcycle drivers are just as rude and aggressive as everyone else.
From what I understand, lane splitting isn't legal in Kalifornia; it's just tolerated...

But I don't understand how it impacts other cars; they are only using the room between the lanes and don't slow or interfere with anyone else's progress. In Europe, it is also OK for motorcycles to move up to the front of the line at a stoplight, as they can be on their way quicker than cars and that simply means less vehicles building up on the road. Unfortunately, if anyone tried that around here, I am sure someone would try to run them over!

And I don't doubt that motorcycle riders are just as aggressive as everyone else; but when you are lacking a tub of steel protecting you, you tend to get a bit defensive!

Cheers! M2

Old 08-27-2008, 03:12 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,991 times
Let me give ya a little perspective on driving butt munches...

they are everywhere... I hate driving in Virginia as they are definitely ones that will speed up as soon as you put out your signal indicating that you are trying to get over in the lane to make the I 495 cut off to get into DC.. it happens all the freaking time.. part of the issue is the inexperience of driving in a city that you are not aware of... so you tend to make dumb mistakes because you do not know that your exit is here or it exits there.. Drivers are pretty much the same everywhere... just have to get to know the territory is all.. trust me.. with time you will get to feeling better about being in San Antonio Froot.. and welcome to San Antonio

Old 08-27-2008, 03:58 PM

13,815 posts, read 29,385,160 times
the original purpose of lane splitting was to keep air flowing around the air cooled engines most motorcycles had, but that is not really needed anymore. I never liked it when I lived in Cali and if I had a bike I would never do it because I don't trust the drivers around me.
I've found the vast majority of motorcycle riders here to be rude, arrogant, and just stupid. I'd say about 75% of them like to play games with cars, especially if you are trying to get around them. I've had some speed up and slow down just so I could not get around them and it took everything I had to not bump them. I have no idea why anyone would be that stupid, so it must be arrogance. One day they're going to try it with the wrong driver, though, and I won't feel sorry for them. I've never been anywhere where bike riders did that and most are very cautious because they know they'll lose every battle with a car/truck/SUV. It's simple physics, but then again almost half the population never graduated high school..

Old 08-27-2008, 06:24 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,010,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd2007 View Post
the original purpose of lane splitting was to keep air flowing around the air cooled engines most motorcycles had, but that is not really needed anymore. I never liked it when I lived in Cali and if I had a bike I would never do it because I don't trust the drivers around me.
I've found the vast majority of motorcycle riders here to be rude, arrogant, and just stupid. I'd say about 75% of them like to play games with cars, especially if you are trying to get around them. I've had some speed up and slow down just so I could not get around them and it took everything I had to not bump them. I have no idea why anyone would be that stupid, so it must be arrogance. One day they're going to try it with the wrong driver, though, and I won't feel sorry for them. I've never been anywhere where bike riders did that and most are very cautious because they know they'll lose every battle with a car/truck/SUV. It's simple physics, but then again almost half the population never graduated high school..
Motorcycle drivers can be very stupid... I hate it when they drive up the middle of a two lane road in the middle... at the lane divider... people wonder why those that drive motorcycles get hurt... it is because a lot of them do some very stupid things while traveling on that bike...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio