Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 07:31 AM

46 posts, read 151,538 times

Advertisements

Bigz Burger Joint - on the northside of 1604 between Bitters and Huebner. Great burgers, good family friendly atmosphere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2008, 01:54 PM

3,536 posts, read 12,329,732 times
www.papoulis.com

SO YUMMY!!

Old 08-28-2008, 03:48 PM

546 posts, read 3,104,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
I do NOT understand what people like about Order Up! I visited the one in Lincoln Heights and it was dirty, with trash on most of the tables and spilling out of the garbage can. The owner of the two (and now three, I guess) stores was there talking with another customer about how he got started... apparently he was a lawyer who decided he didn't want to be a lawyer anymore... which may explain why the food is so uninspired. Hmm. Tacos? Burgers? Pizza? You can get better versions of what they have at a million other places. And the atmosphere is about as appealing as a doctor's office. Is the fact that you can order all three in one place that much of a draw??? Uh, food court, everyone! Are people really that desperate??? I really don't get it. This place blows.
Everytime I've been, it's aways been clean and well-run, a major surprise being the staff seems to be made up entirely of AH high school students (and yep, that lawyer guy is there a lot, young'ish guy though, I think he just got the law degree to please his family or something like that from what I gathered - I think it's really refreshing though to hear a story like that, screw the dollar, go for your passion, rare indeed; he could've made a hell of a lot more $$$ doing the lawyer bit - AND any biz regarding food of any sort is one of the worst businesses to own; google it, it always comes up number one on most every major list, along with clothing boutiques and bars) - but yeah, agreed, the food is basic to say the least, but I think that was the point - it's all basics and set up to quickly order without any confusion: burger, pizza, taco, and one appetizer: chips and salsa (it doesn't make my brain ache like, say, Jason's Deli, which confounds me with their ten million items scattered about that two mile long menu)...anyway, just my two cents...I think I may actually eat lunch there tomorrow, I kinda forget about it lately and you just jogged my memory .

Old 08-28-2008, 04:04 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle_Mom View Post
Fuddruckers is always good too - one on 1-10/Wurzbach and another on 410/Broadway (but this location is a pain to get to!)
Would LOVE IT if they could see their way to open a NC location!

Old 08-29-2008, 12:11 PM

8,399 posts, read 22,989,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreetailBrewing View Post
Bigz Burger Joint - on the northside of 1604 between Bitters and Huebner. Great burgers, good family friendly atmosphere.
I'll second BigZ, the only problem is we pass Bobby J's Burgers to get there and it is really tough to pass Bobby J's and not stop in and get their delicious burgers and fries! It is another 'order at the counter' place, but is more NW than northcentral.

Cheers! M2

Old 09-16-2008, 11:52 AM

399 posts, read 1,139,478 times
Default Order at the counter mexican

Are there any good "order at the counter" mexican restaurants near I-10/Huubner? I'm looking for something similar to Guero's at Stone Oak/Huebner.

Thanks.

Old 09-16-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
That EZ's location has been replaced by a deli, but

Willie's and Chester's on 281 southbound near Thousand Oaks have counter service. Willie's is especially noisy and kid-friendly, with a play area, but the food is not as good as Chester's.
I took the fam to Willie's last weekend. It was pretty good, I had the ribs. I must say though that one of the main reasons to eat at an "order at the counter" restaurant is to avoid tipping. I hate places where you order at the counter and then they have a waitress bring your food to you and fill your drink! I mean come on, I did the hardest part for you, I can pick up my own food and get my own refills. I don't appreciate having to tip someone for a job I've already done myself. Annoying!

Old 09-16-2008, 12:00 PM

2,238 posts, read 9,017,187 times
Since you mentioned Guero's...where is that place? I couldn't find it when I was driving around there and I'm pretty sure I was in the right shopping center.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 09-16-2008 at 12:49 PM..

Old 09-16-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
Since you mentioned Guero's...where is that place? I couldn't find it when I was driving around there and I'm pretty sure I was in the right shopping center.
If you're heading N on Stone Oak from 1604, turn right on Huebner, it'll be in the second shopping center on your left (not the one directly on the corner).

Old 09-16-2008, 04:56 PM

3,216 posts, read 8,556,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achtungpv View Post
It's in the back shopping center, near Bicycle Heaven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio