Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 03:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,268 times

Advertisements

OMG! Thanks for posting this picture. My mom and dad were friends with this guy, I believe his name was John, when I was a kid. We used to always go and listen to them play Jazz & eat Pizza. He & his partner the piano player, I believe his name was Buddy, partly inspired my love for music. Some of my best childhood memories, Thanks again...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 04:52 PM

2 posts, read 7,764 times
Default Your welcome

Your very welcome.

Old 08-05-2011, 05:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,261 times
I remember working at a little sandwich place called Concoctions there at McCreles Mall. I was a sophmore in high school. Wow that was 33 yrs ago. Boy that makes me sound old.

Old 05-23-2012, 08:51 AM

1 posts, read 3,262 times
My dad designed the old McCreless mall as one of his first jobs in San Antonio, not too long after he earned his architects license. I am putting together a book of my dad's buildings ...and recently found a photo of the model of the mall. My dad is William Glenn Rucker, and he is 87 now!

Seeking pictures/postcards of McCreless Mall-mccrealess-mall-san-antonio-model.png

I don't know if this will work! Here is the model of the old McCreless mall.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 05-23-2012 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: consecutive posts by same OP merged

Old 05-23-2012, 02:07 PM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times
I wish I had some photos of the Old McCreless mall. I have really fond childhood memories about going to that mall as a kid and later as a teen. Thanks for sharing the photo.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:54 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by becmacjo View Post
My dad designed the old McCreless mall as one of his first jobs in San Antonio, not too long after he earned his architects license. I am putting together a book of my dad's buildings ...and recently found a photo of the model of the mall. My dad is William Glenn Rucker, and he is 87 now!

Attachment 95674

That is pretty neat, did your dad design any other buildings in town?

Old 05-23-2012, 11:37 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,877,109 times
Quote:

Attachment 95674

What a beautiful building which I actually got to enter a few times before it was torn down. Cannot believe we replaced that for a Whataburger! That is not the mall btw but the village just south of the mall.

So where exactly was Piggly Wiggly at in relation to this model?

Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 AM

1,893 posts, read 5,588,394 times

These are the only tenents that I can remember right now. I believe Toy Box was the previous tenent where Teen Town was. Teen Town was there in the late sixties. I just remembered, there was also an all you can eat Mexican Resturant in between the Piggly Wiggly and Teen Town/ Toy Box locations. The name escapes me at the moment but they had several locations and were in business until a few years ago. They may even still have some stores somewhere. They had a little flag on a flag pole at the table and you would raise the flag to alert the staff that you would like something else.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:18 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
Default You,

Are still a squirt in my book, even though you worked at McCreeless Mall
33 years ago.
But, to kids you are ancient, methusela. It is all relative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowler1963 View Post
I remember working at a little sandwich place called Concoctions there at McCreles Mall. I was a sophmore in high school. Wow that was 33 yrs ago. Boy that makes me sound old.

Old 05-25-2012, 09:20 PM

2,721 posts, read 4,391,187 times
Default The Model,

Looks the same was as I remember it looked, except much smaller.
Quote:

Attachment 95674

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio