Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 02:59 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper1 View Post
Do you need my address?! I want a basket!!
I didn't have time to make one!

Next year I am going to be "that lady" on the block that puts something together for the neighborhood! I think, especially with all the shenanigans going on around WC lately, it is a good idea to know the neighbors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 03:15 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
I guess I'll be bonding with my cows and horses .

Have fun and be safe everyone.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:19 PM

3,111 posts, read 9,205,361 times
I found this website for people like me who don't really have neighbors. You can search by your zip code for happenings.
There is still nothing in my community though
Welcome to National Night Out - America's Night Out Against Crime

Old 10-07-2008, 03:20 PM

348 posts, read 1,222,402 times
I know our area is having one but I've got way to much work to do to participate, unfortunately.

Instead, I'm going to workout and stay in and I'll be drinking my "BYOB" while I'm catching up on paperwork...never seems to end!

Old 10-07-2008, 04:57 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,361,371 times
Is anyone giving up their Night Out to watch the debate? I realize some don't care about national politics, but that's not what I'm asking. It's just unfortunate that this debate was planned for the same day. NNO has been on the calendar for a long time....didn't someone planning these political events notice? Or maybe this debate was planned eons ago regardless of who was going to be participating?

NNO is basically getting no media coverage (that I've seen).... it will be interesting to see if there is any effect due to the conflict.

Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,541,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Is anyone giving up their Night Out to watch the debate? I realize some don't care about national politics, but that's not what I'm asking. It's just unfortunate that this debate was planned for the same day. NNO has been on the calendar for a long time....didn't someone planning these political events notice? Or maybe this debate was planned eons ago regardless of who was going to be participating?

NNO is basically getting no media coverage (that I've seen).... it will be interesting to see if there is any effect due to the conflict.
TIVO
(or at least the TWC's version

Old 10-07-2008, 06:58 PM

1,848 posts, read 4,682,335 times
Quote:

Texas is the only state that has NNO, all others did this over the summer. I think we got screwed. Our block has a ton of kids so there are soccer games, after school activites, homework, shower etc.

Not to mention the debates.

Also, tomorrow is Yom Kippur, so the Jewish people in my neighborhood, and me too, are busy preparing.

Sucks all around We had a great turn out last year. This year, only one family was on the lawn.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:15 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,698,172 times
Our neighborhood has got to be the lamest EVER! We walked all around and barely anyone was out. I don't get it. Was there a secret or something to this? I've never done a NNO before. Oh well, maybe next year there will be something I guess!

Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,096,265 times
Quote:
Is anyone giving up their Night Out to watch the debate?
Our outdoor event fizzled out by 8 PM, because sunset happened around 7:40. A few people mentioned leaving to go watch the debate.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:40 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,019,120 times
Whew! We just pulled all of our lawn furniture back in and all the food left over. We had a nice turnout, good wienies , plenty o' beer, sodas, and our new favorite neighbor brought a decorated cake. We started promptly at 6, and the only complaint we had was that the sun was a little too hot on the driveway, and we knew that within minutes it would be set enough so it would be enjoyable. Then, a gorgeous breeze blew threw and everyone just chilled. It was great. I can't wait till next year!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio