Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 07:30 PM

2 posts, read 11,068 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me a contact phone number for St. Johns Lutheran Cemetery. Trying to determine if relative has plot there. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2008, 07:41 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,299,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patstevens View Post
Can anyone give me a contact phone number for St. Johns Lutheran Cemetery. Trying to determine if relative has plot there. Thanks!
Try calling any of the Lutheran churches near downtown. They will tell you who keeps the records for that section. Keep in mind, some of their older records are in German.

Old 12-27-2008, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 5,482 times
Default St. John's Lutheran Church Cemetey

St. John's Lutheran Church owns and maintains St. John's Lutheran Cemetery as well as Emmanuel Lutheran Church Cemetery and the Old German Lutheran Cemetery. The church's telephone number is
210-223-2611.

I am chairman of the San Antonio Genealogical & Historical Society Cemetery Committee and we have spent many hours during the last eight years locating cemeteries in Bexar County and publishing the information found on those gravestones. I am currently working on Emanuel and St. John's cemeteries and have a copy of those church's interment records. Send me the name of your ancestor and I'll see if he/she is there.

The society has published five cemetery books so far and will publish the sixth in February. You might also check out the San Antonio Genealogical Society website at http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~txsaghs2/. Click on the "Library" button and then click on the "Saghs Cemetery Publications (Indices)" for an index of all of the names of all those in cemeteries thus far published. The cemetery books can be purchased but they also are available in many libraries including the SAGHS library and the downtown San Antonio Public Library.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:47 PM

2 posts, read 11,068 times
Thanks for the information! I have been able to resolve my question about ownership of a plot. My husband has MANY relatives buried at St. John's . The GEMBLER family and connections!

Thanks again,

Patsy

Old 09-30-2011, 12:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,760 times
I would like to have the address of St. John's lutheran cemetery in San Antonio thanks

Old 09-30-2011, 03:59 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,815,346 times
Read the previous answers given in the almost 3 year old posting. The numbers are the same. There is more than one cemetery so you will need to call the church to get specifics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
View detailed profiles of: