Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2008, 02:45 PM

1,532 posts, read 3,698,379 times

Advertisements

My mother in law is visiting and was told by her friends that there are some good quilt shops in San Antonio. She loves quilting and would like to check them out. Does anyone know of any good ones? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 02:54 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,021,548 times
My in-laws quilt and they love the one on Mainland. I will have to sit here and try to remember the name of it. I drive past it at least 3 times a week, but can't remember. They love the fabric there!

who needs a memory when you have google?

http://www.memoriesbytheyard.com/

Old 09-17-2008, 03:19 PM

298 posts, read 945,039 times
There is a quilt shop in Castroville that is supposedly very well known in Texas. It's called Fabric n' Friends. They just moved to a new building right next to the Blockbuster or McDonalds (can't remember) right off Hyw 90 in town. Then I would suggest having lunch at the Castroville Cafe while you're there!

Old 09-17-2008, 04:08 PM

247 posts, read 843,785 times
Seventh Heaven Quilt Shop (http://www.seventhheavenquiltshop.com/shophop.htm - broken link) on N. New Braunfels Ave.

They have links to others on their site.

Old 09-17-2008, 08:14 PM

90 posts, read 354,697 times
oh awesome, I love quilting!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:47 PM

83 posts, read 369,408 times
There is one in the shopping center of I10 and Boerne Stage Road but I can't remember the name. Right next to the Quizno's...

Old 09-18-2008, 06:17 PM

152 posts, read 517,614 times
The one at 10 and Boerne Stage Road is called Sew Special. They have a discount card that you can buy for $15 a year. The card gives you 20% of your purchases on the 15th of every month, and 10% the rest of the time. It doesn't include sewing machines or repairs.

Old 09-18-2008, 08:59 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,833,069 times
Sorry, ladies, I saw the thread and misread it, thought it said Guilt shop, and my curiousity got the better of me. Had to laugh at myself.

Old 09-19-2008, 05:53 PM

469 posts, read 2,341,901 times
Memories by the Yard is my favorite. My MiL and I both quilt and when she flies out she always has to go there. I've taken her to the others but MbtY is by far our favorite. Plus when they built this new building they put in a kitchen so they are always baking and handing out goodies. Makes for repeat customers.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:59 PM

2 posts, read 6,833 times
Hello everyone! The Boerne Parks and Recreations Department will be sponsoring the return of the Boerne Hauptstrasse Quiltfest to the to its historic downtown district on May 15 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The first Quiltfest began in 1997 and was inspired by an outdoor festival held in Sisters, Oregon. As always, the intent of this event is to make this a celebration of quilting with all types of quilts on display made by quilters of all ages and experience levels. Boerne’s Hauptstrasse Quiltfest is one of few outdoor quilt shows in Texas. Colorful quilts, both modern and antique, will once again be displayed all along Boerne’s historic Hauptstrasse (Main Street), Main Plaza, and numerous specialty shops.
There will be musical entertainment from various genres, an outdoor art gallery, educational craft presentations, and a Quilts on a Bed presentation in the Boerne Public Library across the street from Main Plaza. Quilting and craft vendors as well as food and drink boots will be present on Main Plaza during the event in addition to the stores and restaurants on Main Street so get ready to shop! The raffle quilt;“The Star of The Hill Country”, was created by Rita Bunker & Joyce Schaefer, and was stitched by Kerry Stemen.
Raffle tickets are available for one dollar per ticket or $5.oo for a packet of 10 and are on sale at the Boerne Parks and Recreation Administration Office (1017 Adler Rd). (Moved one sentence down for better flow)Raffle drawings for the quilt and other prizes will begin at 4 p.m. on the day of the event. The Boerne Hauptstrasse Quiltfest is truly a celebration of quilting rather than a judged show. There will, however, be an informal judging for the “best in show”. Downtown Boerne will become a “Patchwork of Color” once again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio