Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:05 AM

14,637 posts, read 35,032,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
Statistics show that 95% of all new businesses fail in the first 5 years (and restaurants fail at a higher rate than most other types of businesses). But businesses that have a well-thought out business plan when they get started have a failure rate of under 50%. Moral of the story for local restaurants: write a good business plan and get the strategic help you need before opening your doors, or else you've got a 97.5% chance of failure. And the rest of us suffer for lack of pastrami.

You are absolutely correct. A well-thought out business plan will put the pastrami on the plate. Lone Star Grill is another lost restaurant on our side of town. They started out with a decent product, in a location that needs something, and they hired a great staff. I'm sure the rising food/gas prices just did them in--the food quality definitely changed and within weeks of that, they were closed down.

And just for fun, statistics also show that 98% of them are made up on the spot, and 5 out of 4 people have trouble with fractions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 01:24 PM

2,359 posts, read 6,433,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangeruscurves View Post
There is a good place off 1604 and Blanco called Marty's. I know it's a little further than you may want to drive, but I really like it.

Marty's New York Deli, San Antonio, Texas, Home Page

It's open 24/7 and the staff is very friendly. I use to like Chacho's, but I get the worst service when I'm there. One time they wouldn't take my paper id, because I lost my driver's license and another picture ID so I could get a margarita. I was like what's the point of having a temp ID, if I can't use it? But I mean if you like cheap, greasy Mexican food that's open 24 hours, then chacho's is the way to go.
I would not recommend this place, went to eat there a few days ago and first no pepporoni for pizza? That I thought was a joke, second the service was terrrible. Waited 30 mins for a pizza and got our wings a few minutes before, and I thought the food was bad. My opinion is that i would not recommend it to anybody.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:07 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,820,840 times
Marty's was a short-lived concept for Stone Oak... Great idea, but bad in how they rolled it all out.

The menu was WAY too expensive for what it was. The service was spotty. Their menu items weren't always being served (ie, matzo ball soup) and their 'fresh baked' items tasted fresh off the back of a truck.

Needless to say, I was sorely saddened when biting into one of their dry, somewhat crusty black & whites.

RIP Martys: We hardly knew ye...

BN

Old 09-21-2008, 09:31 PM

348 posts, read 1,222,818 times
Sad to hear about Marty's....the staff was always super helpful when I would order large platters of bagels on short notice...nice people....sorry hear the news....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio