Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 01:40 AM

5 posts, read 13,286 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. Well, I just want to say that the Quarry at Iron Mountain is an awesome place to call home. I have read the posting from Resident and Kblies and the website from KBlies and yes, I agree that only their part of the story is being documented. I am not quite sure what these folks want to accomplish by blaming kb for devaluating the value of thier homes. In my opinion, these people are just a bunch of greedy folks that really do not know how to respect themselves nor thier neighbors and just love to create and bring attention to themselves. It so appears that thier parents never taught them any manners concerning respect to others.
IN addition, these folks are just the type that never want to accept reality and always want to blame other for thier wrong doing. What I am referring to is, haven't these people realize what is going aroud in our economy these days. It appears that they are so unhappy because thier quick way of making money has suddenly stopped. Since no one saw what the housing economy was heading too, now they are upset that thier poor little housing bubble busted on them and can not make a quick sale and enjoy the equity that they were hoping to get.
What these folks need to do is to wake up and smell the coffee. They need to understand that there are times that things do not work the way they plan them to work and they either, wait them out until this turns aournd or just stop making public what problems are impacting their daily lives, as what KBlies is implying on them.
Now, even though I saw thier cheap attempts to run customers away out in the Quarry, I did not care at all. The first time I went there, I saw thier sorry looking blue Matrix with thier embarrasing signs of KBlines.com and found all that too amusing. I did visit the website and quickly realize what an embarrasment these families have put themselves too by blaming thier greed of not making a quick equity return on someone else instead of analyzing the whole economy. In addition, they are asking KB to buy their homes back with a 20% premium as implied on thier website. What a joke!!!!!!!
Well, to make a long story short, that website is not representative of what they say. Why haven't these folks listed on the website the good things of the community, the awesome new series introduce and new model homes and why haven't they mentioned that only 3 households are the only ones creating all these problems for the whole community? That I do not know.
My family and I, want to say to the creators of KBlies.com, your attempts did not work on us.
We continued our process and all actions from everyone have been excellent. We have received honest and an astonishing customer service from everyone, got a good deal on the house and recently closed. God willing, we are moving in soon and belive me, We sure do love our $350k dollar KB Home!!!!!!!!!!!!
And by the way, to KBlies.com, please make sure to update your website with all the good positive changes that are going on for all of us at the Quarry, the new home series and all the good things of the community and the sales reps there. This will just put all of us on the same level. YOu will have your way of degrading kb and the community, but you will also make other neighbors happy by showing all the good and positive things of the community. Make sure you document how many people are wiith you and how many love thier kb homes. In addition, go around the community as you have and tkae pictures of all the homes with "I love my KB Home" signs and make sure to put them on your website.
thanks

Old 04-26-2009, 04:33 PM

5 posts, read 13,286 times
First Class Flyer, no bud, I am not a KB employee! As matter of fact, I work the Texas Attorney General at our main headquarters in Austin. Even though I work in Austin, I do live in San Antonio at the Quarry and commute every day.

Now I did not post here to take any sides, neither to KB nor the owners of KBlies.com, but to remain neutral. This is just the way I feel and have posted my opinions on this here. I am just a firm and true believer that if we have the time to document the bad things of something or to complain, I also believe that we should take the time to recognize and compliment on good things.

It just should be human nature but if you think about it, all of us have time to complian, but do we really find the time to compliment and let other know about the good things other people do for us? More than likely, no.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:55 AM

707 posts, read 1,845,856 times
Our home in Colorado was built in 1997 by Kaufman and Broad (which became KB...I don't quite understand the story behind that). Anyway, it was in excellent condition. When we bought the house in 2005 the house inspector was very impressed with how well the house was built.

I know KB has a bad reputation (I have no personal experience in this), but I just wanted to say that you *can* find a gem every once in a while.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:04 AM

1,740 posts, read 5,745,931 times
It is great to see other people that are open minded enough to see that there are truly wonderful homes available in the Quarry. Glad to see another neighbor that saw through the lies of KBLies and made a good decision for their family. Welcome to the neighborhood.

Old 04-28-2009, 01:20 AM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerg03 View Post

Now I did not post here to take any sides, neither to KB nor the owners of KBlies.com, but to remain neutral. .
oh my gosh. Homer....while you claim you did not post here to take sides, your previous post did just that! You even emboldened your letters to make a point to the families that blog on KBlies.com/org. And before that, you criticized them and called them names.

I'm not the moderator here and I defer anything to him....but this forum is not a place to drag neighborhood politics. There has been sooooo much posted about KB and the pros and cons. These last couple of attempts to resurface these topics are very transparent. This just isn't the place to do battle with YOUR neighbors. Start you own blog and be an advocate for you neighborhood. This has been talked about SO much on this forum that just mentioning the name of this contractor is almost a negative. My suggestion is to keep it out of the public light as much as possible. I wouldn't even have known about KBlies if you all hadn't brought it to the attention of this forum. All this infighting is not helping YOUR cause to repair a lot of damage that had been done.

I personally would be happy if I didn't have to see, read or hear about KB Homes ever again!

Old 04-28-2009, 07:15 AM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,111,983 times
Since the OP hasn't returned after the single post 7 months ago and house-hunting seldom lasts this long, I believe it's safe to conclude s/he won't be back. This thread has drifted considerably from answering the original question and many posts have had to be deleted. If the OP returns and sends me a DM requesting it be re-opened to provide more answers, I'll re-open it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio