Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2008, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 10,681 times

Advertisements

HI, I USED TO PLAY IN A BAND IN SAN ANTONIO IN THE LATE 60'S AND EARLY 70'S CALLED ROCKSAND. WE OPENED FOR THE GRATEFUL DEAD, QUICKSILVER MESSENGER SERVICE, IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY, AND JOHN MAYALL IN 1969 AND I HAVE NO PICTURES BECASUE WE WERE SO BUSY GETTING READY FOR THE GIG THAT NO-ONE BROUGHT A CAMERA. I WILL CUT TO THE CHASE, IF ANYONE HAS ANY PICTURES OF US FROM THAT NIGHT I WILL PAY MEGA BUCKS FOR A SINGLE PICTURE. THANK YOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 08:07 PM

7,629 posts, read 16,447,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGFISHER1884 View Post
HI, I USED TO PLAY IN A BAND IN SAN ANTONIO IN THE LATE 60'S AND EARLY 70'S CALLED ROCKSAND. WE OPENED FOR THE GRATEFUL DEAD, QUICKSILVER MESSENGER SERVICE, IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY, AND JOHN MAYALL IN 1969 AND I HAVE NO PICTURES BECASUE WE WERE SO BUSY GETTING READY FOR THE GIG THAT NO-ONE BROUGHT A CAMERA. I WILL CUT TO THE CHASE, IF ANYONE HAS ANY PICTURES OF US FROM THAT NIGHT I WILL PAY MEGA BUCKS FOR A SINGLE PICTURE. THANK YOU
Man...I sooooo had pictures of that....it was the White Bird tour for Beautiful Day, at the Hemisphare arena a super long set all day long concert day of celebration.
What a great day for music and enjoyment. If I can find any of those pics, I will be happy to share with you...no mega bucks needed...just don't point ME out in the pictures!

Old 02-16-2009, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 5,222 times
If anyone remembers, my uncles played in a band in the 60s, they were called Little Joe and the Sun Kings, if anyone remembers or has pictures, please share, I have a few. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 PM

4 posts, read 8,751 times
Default My dad played in that band his name was raul garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by majuvi1284 View Post
If anyone remembers, my uncles played in a band in the 60s, they were called Little Joe and the Sun Kings, if anyone remembers or has pictures, please share, I have a few. Thanks.
Was your uncles named eddie and joe hinojosa, bass and guitar??

Old 09-10-2013, 07:00 PM

3 posts, read 8,071 times
THAT'S IT -- We always referred to as the 6 hr concert (though it was most likely closer to 4 or 5) but it started around 6 or 7 and went till 10 or 11 - was awesome

Old 01-22-2014, 01:17 PM

4 posts, read 8,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel11 View Post
Was your uncles named eddie and joe hinojosa, bass and guitar??
Did you get my last question about your uncles?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio