Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 06:59 AM

1 posts, read 974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeDancer View Post
NewbieI have found the best way to learn to blade is on commercial grade level loop carpet. It slows you down. It is the carpet like what you would find at a store or sort of like the fake grass you put on a patio. A suggestion; Go to a sporting goods store, put on some blades and skate around like you are trying them out. Bend your knees and make sure you get the braking and stopping aspect first. It is so much different than original roller-skates. DON"T forget wrist guards and a helmet. These are a MUST. After you get that downpat move onto a smooth surface like a tennis court is great. Sometimes playgrounds have that rubber asphalt stuff. Great for beginners. Hope this helps. I live on the Northeast area, Thousand Oaks and 281. I'm still looking for a nice place to NOT kill myself. McAllister Park is a deathtrap when it comes to blading. I've been to Robert Tobin Park. The entrance is off Loop 410 Eastbound just after Harry Wurzbach. It is new and has 2 mile long, eight or nine foot wide paved path. I have not bladed on it yet but plan to soon. Bring a cell phone or a friend. The path seems to go back into nothing. Little unsettling for me.Here is a link to info on Tobin Park.City's trails get longer (http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Citys_trails_get_longer.html - broken link)

Where exactly is Tobin Park, i was thinking in go to that neighborhood btwn thousand oaks and 1604 it looks decent and a lot of people walks in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 07:51 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,876,366 times
Local band, local team, enjoy.

Better set your phasers to stun!

I guess they are not really bladers though.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:44 PM

1 posts, read 739 times
I always get to posts like these real late. Anyway, on the Northwest side of town, a great place to rollerblade, ride bikes, scooters etc... is the Sea World overflow parking lot off of Military Dr. West. Northwest vista college uses this parking lot as an overflow parking lot and it is HUGE!!! My kids and I go out there and they skate and ride their bikes. We have always had the lot all to ourselves.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:16 PM

1 posts, read 381 times
Friesenhan park off of o Conner is small and flat

Old 12-08-2017, 09:50 AM

161 posts, read 330,811 times
I found that flat concrete in any park pavilion works well and obviously has less hazards than asphalt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio