Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 12:56 PM

54 posts, read 69,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello13685 View Post
Excellent, thank you Smitty12. I was hoping that there was much more. (I felt so sorry for the performers because I just knew that they would have loved to be singing over a live orchestra.) I'm going to give some of these a try.
Instead of sitting and hoping that there was much more, why didn't you do your own research? This information could've easily been yours quite a while ago, if you'd just been interested enough to look for it. Again, as others have stated, you want these things to come knock on your front door, rather than taking the time or making the effort to go out and seek. That's just plain lazy and explains your whole attitude about SA. We may not have the best of the best (my gosh, who in their right mind compares a museum in the Vatican to SA anyway?), but play with the cards you've been dealt. You chose to move to SA, you should've done been more selective when making that choice and not relied on being content based solely on your income. Bad move on your part.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:03 PM

944 posts, read 3,063,572 times
wCat, I was writing that comments in the thread are not about me (or shouldn't be). Comments in the thread should be about our observations. When people start making comments about individuals and their happiness and whether or not they should leave a place, I wouldn't think that would be so helpful to readers. People here have a habit of responding to negative comments about SA with reference to individual personality characteristics and personal life choices which are irrelevant, and people assume that because I find many features of SA to be unpleasant naturally means that I'm unhappy with everything in my life, which is entirely untrue. This is terribly simplistic logic (yet not entirely surprising, but that's another matter).

Old 10-05-2008, 01:08 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,369,172 times
Quote:
wCat, I was writing that comments in the thread are not about me (or shouldn't be). Comments in the thread should be about our observations. When people start making comments about individuals and their happiness and whether or not they should leave a place, I wouldn't think that would be so helpful to readers. People here have a habit of responding to negative comments about SA with reference to individual personality characteristics and personal life choices which are irrelevant, and people assume that because I find many features of SA to be unpleasant naturally means that I'm unhappy with everything in my life, which is entirely untrue. This is terribly simplistic logic (yet not entirely surprising, but that's another matter).
It's ok Hello....simple is not a bad thing. You're in good company.

Old 10-05-2008, 01:10 PM

54 posts, read 69,719 times
Quote:
wCat, I was writing that comments in the thread are not about me (or shouldn't be). Comments in the thread should be about our observations. When people start making comments about individuals and their happiness and whether or not they should leave a place, I wouldn't think that would be so helpful to readers. People here have a habit of responding to negative comments about SA with reference to individual personality characteristics, and assuming that because I find many features of SA to be unpleasant naturally means that I'm unhappy with everything in my life, which is entirely untrue. This is terribly simplistic logic (yet not entirely surprising, but that's another matter).
People have a habit of responding to negative comments that are given ad nauseam. Perhaps if you countered your negative comments with positive ones, you wouldn't feel as you do. Also, since I'm an SA native and have mastered the art of simplistic logic, I'll put it even more simplistically, you don't go to someone's house and focus on only the negative aspects and expect the host to turn a deaf ear, now do you?

Old 10-05-2008, 01:50 PM

14,637 posts, read 35,036,574 times
Quote:
See, it is about you. Constantly digging at the residents of San Antonio, because you think we're simplistic. I would love to have you come to a meet and greet, and I would challenge you to find one of us that you simply cannot communicate with because you are just too intelligent, too worldly, and too sophisticated. What say you? Shall we see you--you pick the spot, since we'd hate to insult you--say in a weekend or two from now?

Old 10-05-2008, 03:02 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 38,116,197 times
The OP seems to have vanished. I trust that there's enough in here to provide a satisfactory answer to the Austin vs. SA dilemma.

Now that the topic seems to have drifted into planning a meet and greet, I'm going to close this thread and recommend starting a new thread for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio