Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 09:20 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,295,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesteDF View Post
St. Mary's Strip is not downtown... it's in Tobin Hill north of downtown. Take the 281/Mulberry exit by Trinity Univ. Go through the light at Mulberry and turn right on St. Mary's. Go two blocks and you're there. This also where you'll find El Milagrito Cafe (since 1962), Candlelight Coffeehouse, Carmen's de la Calle, Willard's Jerk BBQ, Cafe Latino (interesting poetry/readings/slams) and GIG on the Strip (unique coffeehouse/music venue/gathering place).

As for Tycoon Flats, I also miss the gravel pit & fireplace, but then again, I always hated walking in heels through all the gravel. It's just nice to have my happy place back... still the same laid back vibe.

Yep - Wednesday night was gay night. Legendary. You couldn't even walk through the patio area because it was wall to wall people. Well, actually it was like that most weekend nights too. But Wednesdays at Flats were an institution.
Well, if any of y'all go on a Wednesday and it's still the same as back in the day, please post here so I know about it.

El Milagrito... yummy breakfast tacos. Man, I miss living over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 09:48 PM

37 posts, read 433,072 times
I remember lesbian night being on wednesday. And a wintertime fire pit to keep the outside folks warm during the random rockabilly shows.

Glad to see it back in operation.

Old 10-11-2008, 10:08 AM

472 posts, read 1,792,816 times
What about the Reggae? I remember there use to be reggae bands that played there regularly. The place had that island vibe to it. Will it still? I guess I should start a new topic but where does one go to hear Reggae in SA?

Old 10-11-2008, 06:35 PM

791 posts, read 3,960,300 times
I seem to recall a place a long time ago on Fredericksburg near the Med Center called "Iries" that was big on reggae. Have no idea if it's still there or still the same format. You can also see the response given by someone on another thread elsewhere: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0174723AAZXQab

Old 10-13-2008, 05:57 AM

2,359 posts, read 6,434,187 times
DO NOT TRY THE WILLARDS JERK BBQ- I was curious about the place and was disappointed at the food and prices, and the guy at the corner try to overcharge me for a sandwich. My advice is stay away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio