Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 02:54 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiccaTX View Post
You know, its kind of funny. So many people complaining about how much this costs and how "this" or "that" isn't fair.

Any idea of how many people it takes to give you customer service? How much it costs them for that? How much it costs to maintain those rides? Food costs?

How about they don't increase fees to cover the cost of business and close?

**shrugs** You have a choice...Go...don't go. Entertain the kids at Seaworld or Fiesta Texas or entertain them at home?

At Fiesta Texas you can re-use last years cups for water...That was free.

Awesome idea with the walk from the Rim but bad for the people that are shopping at the Rim.

You're simplifying the decision way too much. Life isn't just black or white... It's in the details.

In this economy, people want to feel they know where their money is going and that they're getting the right value for it. I'm almost certain that you're not worth billions of dollars, so I find it a little more than disingenuous that you're stating your case in this manner. We ALL want to feel that whatever we spend our paycheck on will bring us not only enjoyment, but the very best for what we've paid.

BN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2010, 07:58 PM

2,793 posts, read 6,047,374 times
Yeah but I think what she is trying to say is that no matter what you do, it costs money to entertain the kiddos so don't complain about it unless you can entertain them for free (good luck). Been there, done that and now they are in college haha wish I could just buy a few seasons passes for THAT!

My past experiences tell me that Sea World is better if the kids are a little older and like going on crazy upside down rides and stuff that can make you puke hot dogs and other concessionary delicasies. But the little ones get bored no matter where they have been after a few times.

Old 01-06-2010, 09:34 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,340,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HillCountryHotRodMan View Post
Yeah but I think what she is trying to say is that no matter what you do, it costs money to entertain the kiddos so don't complain about it unless you can entertain them for free (good luck). Been there, done that and now they are in college haha wish I could just buy a few seasons passes for THAT!

My past experiences tell me that Sea World is better if the kids are a little older and like going on crazy upside down rides and stuff that can make you puke hot dogs and other concessionary delicasies. But the little ones get bored no matter where they have been after a few times.
typical male...you sound just like my husband who can't figure out what to do with the kids if a tv, movie theater or McDonald's drive-thru are not included.

There are tons of ways to entertain the kids for free. Especially when they are young.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:01 PM

417 posts, read 982,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminNicholas View Post
You're simplifying the decision way too much. Life isn't just black or white... It's in the details.

In this economy, people want to feel they know where their money is going and that they're getting the right value for it. I'm almost certain that you're not worth billions of dollars, so I find it a little more than disingenuous that you're stating your case in this manner. We ALL want to feel that whatever we spend our paycheck on will bring us not only enjoyment, but the very best for what we've paid.

BN
Ok everyone can put their weapons away I do understand what the purpose of these threads are.

You won't get an argument from me. I guess what I'm trying to say ..is while you are making your educated choices..try not to be so negative. I'm thinking in my little brain...businesses need to turn a profit or they will not be businesses anymore.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:10 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,821,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiccaTX View Post
Ok everyone can put their weapons away I do understand what the purpose of these threads are.

You won't get an argument from me. I guess what I'm trying to say ..is while you are making your educated choices..try not to be so negative. I'm thinking in my little brain...businesses need to turn a profit or they will not be businesses anymore
Point taken. Agreed. +1

I've actually seen quite a bit of improvement at FT over the last 5 years. They seem to take better care of the park, concentrating on re-painting and repair quite a lot better in the off-season nowadays. While I also like SeaWorld, it's tough knowing where that park will head now that they've been sold. I don't see it closing up shop, but changes do loom.

I subscribe to Amusement Today. Great info on all parks

BN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio