Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 03:06 PM

351 posts, read 1,584,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony78201 View Post
yea, lots of memories in that arena. remember the petition everyone was signing to keep it from getting torn down?

online I found out that The Runaways played randy's rodeo on feb. 17th 1978. I wish I could have seen that! but I was only 7 years old.LOL
Hi!!

Do you know who else played at Randy's: THE SEX PISTOLS. It was one of only a half dozen places they managed to play in the US before their drug taking infighting ways ended their one and only tour of the US.

I saw King Diamond at Randy's. Kinda weird now that you think of it, seeing a Black Metal band at a COUNTRY Bar.

Some friends of mine, Juggernaught, opened up for him.

Memmories. If you could not tell by now, I never GREW OUT OF the Rock n Roll phase that my parents said I would.

crazedchef

LONG Live ROOOOCK!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2007, 09:17 PM

898 posts, read 2,894,412 times
There is a website with some nice looking pictures of when the Sex pistols played at Randy's. I need to look for that.

I was reading an old express newspaper clipping of when Curt Cobain Of Nirvana died, and the clipping said that Nirvana once played in San Antonio in 1989 in front of 40 people at Alfred's Nightclub. anyone remember this place? it was on Blanco Rd.

Last edited by tony78201; 06-21-2007 at 09:18 PM.. Reason: forgot to put address of location

Old 06-23-2007, 01:38 PM

78 posts, read 407,384 times
Quote:
There is a website with some nice looking pictures of when the Sex pistols played at Randy's. I need to look for that.

I was reading an old express newspaper clipping of when Curt Cobain Of Nirvana died, and the clipping said that Nirvana once played in San Antonio in 1989 in front of 40 people at Alfred's Nightclub. anyone remember this place? it was on Blanco Rd.
You can read the headline for the Sex Pistols @Randy's Rodeo at the San Antonio Texas Punk Rock Archive website---> SA TX Punk Rock Archive
On the links page you'll find the website with the nice pictures of the Sex Pistols.

Alfred's was at 2308 Blanco Rd. and Nirvana(w/ original drummer) did play there in '89/'90. I heard it was a private show since supposedly it was a birthday party. Local band The Happy Dogs opened for them and Nirvana stayed at Happy Dogs-guitarist Milton Robichaux's house for two days. Milton later was in Big Drag and Where The Action Is.

Old 10-27-2007, 01:10 PM

3 posts, read 20,167 times
Cool Sneaker's is back!!!

Word has it that the club will re-open in November and will attempt to establish itself as the premiere rock club in SA!! It is on Perrin Beitel outside 410. Not to be confused with Sneaker's Night Club on Somerset RD.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1productions View Post
Word has it that the club will re-open in November and will attempt to establish itself as the premiere rock club in SA!! It is on Perrin Beitel outside 410. Not to be confused with Sneaker's Night Club on Somerset RD.
Yeah!!

I have something to look forward to when I come home.

Please keep us updated.

San Antonio has needed a nice Rock n Roll club for a while.

crazedchef

Old 11-16-2007, 11:07 AM

898 posts, read 2,894,412 times
it opened last weekend. they had local band "nancy silva project" play, along with a Rush tribute band, and a dallas KISS tribute band called "Destroyer" go to www.myspace.com/sneakerslivesa

Old 11-17-2007, 02:04 AM

Quote:
it opened last weekend. they had local band "nancy silva project" play, along with a Rush tribute band, and a dallas KISS tribute band called "Destroyer" go to MySpace.com - SneakerS live music San Antonio, Texas - 21 - Male - SAN ANTONIO, Texas - www.myspace.com/sneakerslivesa
Thanks for the update Tony!

Too bad that YOUTUBE and MySpace are blocked here. I have never been on either website as they came to promenance while I have been here in Baghdad.

Thanks again,

crazedchef

Old 11-21-2007, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 8,010 times
Default I was a Sneakers regular!!!!!

Hey Crazed!

I was a Sneakers "regular"! That was my home away from home! I really miss that place, but I've heard they are opening up another one soon, if not already! There will never be another club like that one. That's where all the rockers could go!!!!

Much Love,
Tiffers67

Old 11-22-2007, 06:59 AM

Hi,

Apparently it has already opened.

Rock On!

crazedchef

Old 12-18-2007, 11:06 PM

3 posts, read 20,167 times
Cool Great Shows. I love it!

This club continues to gain momentum. They have had some great shows and I look forward to the upcoming ones. I saw Lokey, NSP, and a Rush tribute on opening night and it rocked. If you are a rocker from San Antonio this is the place to be. Even though the White Rabbit has had some great bands come through, it doesn't compare to what Sneakers did in the 90's. I love this place because it keep's the 80's alive while being able to see the next generation of rockers before they hit the big time!!!.

Rock On!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio