Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 10:27 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,301,188 times

Advertisements

Does anyone remember the Rabbit Habit?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 10:52 PM

13 posts, read 50,497 times
Default i remember,i remember

used to go there all the time. i usually passed out after 2 hours or so. i fondly remember their restrooms.

Old 10-04-2008, 10:15 PM

898 posts, read 2,882,113 times
someone mentioned "the showcase" I used to go there so much. I wonder what the old owner Carlos is doing now?

Old 11-07-2008, 09:59 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,587,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post
Hi!!

Do you know who else played at Randy's: THE SEX PISTOLS. It was one of only a half dozen places they managed to play in the US before their drug taking infighting ways ended their one and only tour of the US.

I saw King Diamond at Randy's. Kinda weird now that you think of it, seeing a Black Metal band at a COUNTRY Bar.

Some friends of mine, Juggernaught, opened up for him.
The band I was in opened for Joan Jet at Randy's when she was a member of "the runaways". That was a CRAZY bunch of chicks

Old 11-08-2008, 09:04 PM

4,132 posts, read 7,156,537 times
Moxxy, 11-22-08 in Boerne....

Old 11-09-2008, 09:39 PM

431 posts, read 761,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHornGuy86 View Post
The only venue I've been to in SA was Sin13 downtown when I first got here two years ago. Anyone know of any other music venues in SA? Always go to Austin.

Retox bar 1031 patricia always has good live music. check out the website retoxbar.net and no cover

Old 11-10-2008, 03:41 AM

351 posts, read 1,578,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwes1 View Post
Does anyone remember The Showcase??
Wow,

This post is still garnering attention after all of this time.

I am back from Baghdad now for the last 5 months and all I have been doing is going to shows.

Glad to report that there is a new Sneaker's in town and its name is "THE SCOUT BAR".

I LOVE this place. Every time I go, it reminds me of the old Sneaker's, except better.

During every national act that plays during the week, people clear out as soon as the show is over leaving the bar almost empty which prompts the artists to come out and hang and have a few drinks. I have met all sorts of Rock Stars this way.

Wish I could say things were going better for me though. Been waiting for months now for multiple surgergies (injured in a mortar attack). AIG has been blocking me left and right on my attempts. Good news though, John Cornyn personally called the Dept. of Labor (they oversee my federal workers comp case) and I finally have a hearing.

Thanks for all of the great input, have not been on in a while. Enjoying the personal feedback.

Good to read some old familiar names on here.

crazedchef,

FINALLY BACK

Old 11-20-2008, 10:46 PM

1,425 posts, read 3,301,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedchef View Post
Wow,

This post is still garnering attention after all of this time.

I am back from Baghdad now for the last 5 months and all I have been doing is going to shows.

Glad to report that there is a new Sneaker's in town and its name is "THE SCOUT BAR".

I LOVE this place. Every time I go, it reminds me of the old Sneaker's, except better.

During every national act that plays during the week, people clear out as soon as the show is over leaving the bar almost empty which prompts the artists to come out and hang and have a few drinks. I have met all sorts of Rock Stars this way.

Wish I could say things were going better for me though. Been waiting for months now for multiple surgergies (injured in a mortar attack). AIG has been blocking me left and right on my attempts. Good news though, John Cornyn personally called the Dept. of Labor (they oversee my federal workers comp case) and I finally have a hearing.

Thanks for all of the great input, have not been on in a while. Enjoying the personal feedback.

Good to read some old familiar names on here.

crazedchef,

FINALLY BACK
Sorry to hear that you were wounded and sorry that they have been giving you the run around. Glad that you survived and hope that things get better for you soon. Remember that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Welcome back home!

Old 11-28-2009, 09:50 PM

2 posts, read 7,180 times
I remember J Alfred Prufrocks...i played in a local band and we worked there several times a month....i had the honor of doing a singles act there the last two nights it was open....great place..great people...ot was a great place to meet fellow musicians ...

Old 11-28-2009, 10:12 PM

898 posts, read 2,882,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie439 View Post
I remember J Alfred Prufrocks...i played in a local band and we worked there several times a month....i had the honor of doing a singles act there the last two nights it was open....great place..great people...ot was a great place to meet fellow musicians ...
where was that place located?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio