Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2007, 12:11 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,243,051 times

Advertisements

This thread needs to be closed.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:13 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times
Why because you are being discovered?

Anyway, hopefully San Antonio slows down with the suburban development 20 miles+ away from the CBD, and starts getting some rail (like Austin), and some high-rises. Vidorra is nice, but it has been downscaled.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Why because you are being discovered?
Being discovered? Right.

No, closed becuase this thread has been beaten to death already.

Quote:
Anyway, hopefully San Antonio slows down with the suburban development 20 miles+ away from the CBD, and starts getting some rail (like Austin), and some high-rises. Vidorra is nice, but it has been downscaled.
Downscaled in height yes, 3 floors, but actually had more units added to it. It's also the best selling highrise condo tower in all of Texas.

Expect much more from the same developers in that downtown area.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:26 PM

36 posts, read 139,945 times
It would be nice to see more high rises in Down Town San Antonio, but it is going to take a long time for that to become a reality. Plus, San Antonio is just fine the way it is and slowly progressing. No need for big city wanna be snobs to tell us how un-metropolitan we are. We know it, we want change, but we also know it takes time.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinga69 View Post
It would be nice to see more high rises in Down Town San Antonio, but it is going to take a long time for that to become a reality.
Actually, there is a 36 story under construction, a 20 story under construction, a 17 story under construction, a 14 story under construction and a 13 story under construction downtown as we speak not to mention a 32 story hotel-condo proposed.

There's a lot going on downtown and a lot more planned.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:36 PM

2,703 posts, read 3,417,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Being discovered? Right.

No, closed becuase this thread has been beaten to death already.

Downscaled in height yes, 3 floors, but actually had more units added to it. It's also the best selling highrise condo tower in all of Texas.

Expect much more from the same developers in that downtown area.
Best selling? It is San Antonio's first major condos in years, so it must be. Also, I have seen some San Antonio threads on SSP, and I haven't seen any of those buildings you have listed. I do know that one condo was canceled (forgot which one).

Old 02-13-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Best selling?
Fastest selling which I guess would be best selling. Interchangable definitions.

Quote:
It is San Antonio's first major condos in years, so it must be.
No it's not.

Quote:
Also, I have seen some San Antonio threads on SSP, and I haven't seen any of those buildings you have listed.
Well, if SSP hasn't had threads on them I guess that they don't exsist. I wonder what all the construction downtown is. Not multi story buildings if SSP hasn't had threads for them.

Quote:
I do know that one condo was canceled (forgot which one).
No downtown condo highrise or condo project period that has been made public has been canceled.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:42 PM

4,796 posts, read 15,367,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 210 View Post
Actually, there is a 36 story under construction, a 20 story under construction, a 17 story under construction, a 14 story under construction and a 13 story under construction downtown as we speak not to mention a 32 story hotel-condo proposed.

There's a lot going on downtown and a lot more planned.
I have to agree with 210 here. There IS a lot under construction as we speak. Be careful of what you wish for.....SA may not be able to handle it.
Lot's of mid income people are being priced right out of decent homes because of the west coast influx that is skyrocketing real estate prices. There are plans for some incentive projects to revitalize old buildings, lofts and other old neighborhoods that will help starter families, restarters and elderly that are downsizing. Not everyone in this city is a mover and a shaker wanting new and bigger and better. Some just need decent, clean housing that is SAFE! I don't think these high rises or any of these suggestions are helping the the low income or lower middle income families. It's not progress for them.....it's putting them in project housing.

Along with the ritzy highrise high priced condos, SA should create areas to renovate, rebuild and restore like Harlem in NY. (albeit on a smaller scale) These homes would have restrictions and be offerred on a lottery basis. THAT would help SA. Those "slummy" and "iffy" neighborhoods would come back to life....and the inner "loop" schools would improve because the tax base would be more stable.

All these ideas are great, but we have to take care of everyone in this city ...not create more poverty.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
I have to agree with 210 here. There IS a lot under construction as we speak. Be careful of what you wish for.....SA may not be able to handle it.
Lot's of mid income people are being priced right out of decent homes because of the west coast influx that is skyrocketing real estate prices. There are plans for some incentive projects to revitalize old buildings, lofts and other old neighborhoods that will help starter families, restarters and elderly that are downsizing. Not everyone in this city is a mover and a shaker wanting new and bigger and better. Some just need decent, clean housing that is SAFE! I don't think these high rises or any of these suggestions are helping the the low income or lower middle income families. It's not progress for them.....it's putting them in project housing.

Along with the ritzy highrise high priced condos, SA should create areas to renovate, rebuild and restore like Harlem in NY. (albeit on a smaller scale) These homes would have restrictions and be offerred on a lottery basis. THAT would help SA. Those "slummy" and "iffy" neighborhoods would come back to life....and the inner "loop" schools would improve because the tax base would be more stable.

All these ideas are great, but we have to take care of everyone in this city ...not create more poverty.
Downtown SA will have a mix for every income from lower middle class to multi millionaires.

Right now you have Victoria Commons being built which will focus on lower middle class also, River North will also have a great deal of mix income housing for the middle income buyers and then you'll have the pricey highrise digs.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSASTUD View Post
The only place a tower like this could survive would be Alamo Heights. It would fail if put downtown because there's nothing there to attract people.
I honestly fell out of my chair laughing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio