Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 09:14 PM

217 posts, read 1,754,072 times

Advertisements

Hello,

Wanted to know can anyone give advice we have little black bugs in our kitchen I cannot tell what they are my husband thougt weavers they are smail look like they have 6 to 8 legs but they are mainly under our cabinets but I also see them in a few other areas. We are clean people and these things are driving me crazy I seen many under the cabinet today can anyone give advice on what they are are what to do. I don't have a lot of money for exterimator so wanted to know what to try. Anyone had this problem I don't want it to get worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Bo Bo won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Tenth Edition (Apr-May 2014). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

17,107 posts, read 37,941,720 times
Do they have hard shells? They sound like pantry pest beetles.

I found some of those recently in a box of pancake mix. The exterminator told me that the best way to get rid of them is to eliminate their food sources, so I got rid of the mix and made sure all of the other mixes and flours are sealed in plastic. I've also seen those beetles eat holes in paper cornmeal bags to get at the cornmeal.

The exterminator told me she had a client who had those beetles get into some macaroni sculptures that were stored in a drawer. They love anything made of grain.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:31 PM

Default Black bugs

They are under the cabinets I try to keep food in containers sometime the kids drop food. They are black with hard shell

Old 10-14-2008, 09:49 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,798,090 times
if they are weevils, or food eating insects, make sure all food source is gone, then put out a light spray of any raid or roach killer, ant will work also. That should remove them.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:04 PM

3,823 posts, read 14,618,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
Do they have hard shells? They sound like pantry pest beetles.

I found some of those recently in a box of pancake mix. The exterminator told me that the best way to get rid of them is to eliminate their food sources, so I got rid of the mix and made sure all of the other mixes and flours are sealed in plastic. I've also seen those beetles eat holes in paper cornmeal bags to get at the cornmeal.

The exterminator told me she had a client who had those beetles get into some macaroni sculptures that were stored in a drawer. They love anything made of grain.
We had those a long time ago, but since then we store our flour in the refrigerator...problem solved.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:24 AM

37 posts, read 432,252 times
Try putting bay leaves (whole or crushed) in your kitchen cabinets. It's a non-chemical option that adds a nice smell to your kitchen without being absorbed by the flour. (other natural deterrents: cloves, garlic, peppercorn may affect the taste).

Old 10-15-2008, 03:38 PM

I think I found the source I purchased the dog some doggie treats thought they were ok because they were in a plastic bag. Just found the bag full of the black bugs. I forgot about the bag under the sink because it seem the dog didnot like the treats so I removed them hopefully that is the source. I will update.

Old 10-15-2008, 05:54 PM

317 posts, read 1,745,571 times
Somebody posted this link the other day- it has pics of bugs, and that could help figure out what they are and where they might have came from.
What's That Bug? Insect identification

Old 09-19-2009, 04:08 PM

1 posts, read 334,980 times
Default Little Black Bugs in Georgia

Does anyone know what these little black bugs are? Seem to be attracted to white clothing. WHen I walk outside they seem to just all of a sudden be all over my clothing. I have attached a picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Little black bugs in my house mainly in kitchen what are they need help-dscn0089.jpg  

Old 09-21-2009, 01:00 PM

2 posts, read 334,118 times
Do you have any pets? Dogs or cats? Check their food. That was the source of the little black bugs we had. I only noticed them in the kitchen around the sink and searched in vain for a source. I finally found it in the dog biscuits that weren't even stored in the kitchen. They're gone now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio