Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2008, 04:42 PM

103 posts, read 269,772 times

Advertisements

Oh, my gosh! I've been "owned"? Really? Hmmm...does anyone even use that term anymore?

Jealousy? Over what? Anyone who serves their community is to be commended. I have no issue with that. My issue is with the barrage of "look at me, look at me, look at me." Let the work speak for itself.

As wCat said....get some rest, go take a nap or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2008, 05:29 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,026,063 times
Holy crap!

Old 10-18-2008, 05:56 PM

778 posts, read 2,503,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTxTwistr View Post
Oh, my gosh! I've been "owned"? Really? Hmmm...does anyone even use that term anymore?
Back when folks used 486's for their looking at the Internets, that was quite popular.

This has been quite an interesting thread to catch up on. I would have participated more but I was out community organizing and such.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:37 PM

504 posts, read 1,457,463 times
here is another olive branch. the graff paint dealer close to silvercreek is called Supafly.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:45 PM

well, you sure do have an issue with me and the way i handle issues. why cant i use jealousy? members here claimed i had put myself on a pedestal and showed you i had not. i may have put the whole organization on one, but not solely me.

i actually just got home from an awesome car show in Boerne where we raised funds for our foundation. it was great and we will have others. the concept that i am egotistical is in your head not mine. as for twotxtwister, you have been here less than a month and you know so much about me? do you have multiple accounts? been here before? maybe an ip check will help because you have only posted in about 7 threads in a few weeks, yet you know who i am?

anyways, its all water under the bridge and if you guys think you are truly enlightened and want to work for the city as a whole. i have started a thread to work out these issues. lets see who wants to put all aside and work together. time to walk it like we talk it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wCat View Post
Q No one "owned" anyone in this thread. And there is NO jealousy. I don't know where you pulled THAT from.

Back to several other discussions on GRAFFITI.....it's clear that we don't agree on how to go about the problem. Seeing 'art" is not being aggressive enough. Quoting Ed Salazar, there should be a NO TOLERANCE policy of any of it. That's where we part ways. Walking away from a crime is negligence in my view.....no matter what part of town it's in. We part ways there too.

Just chill....I'm not having a heart attack. And I DIDN't brag about anything....I just gave a general response to your attempt to override the efforts and work of others IN OTHER PARTS OF TOWN that seem to get ignored. Like I said, there is no room for competition....that is why the word "jealousy" is ridiculous. That concept is in your head, not mine.

Take a day off....you need the rest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTxTwistr View Post

Jealousy? Over what? Anyone who serves their community is to be commended. I have no issue with that. My issue is with the barrage of "look at me, look at me, look at me." Let the work speak for itself.

As wCat said....get some rest, go take a nap or something.
well, wCat used the word owned on me awhile back in another thread dealing with Mexican nationals coming to SA to spend money. so, yes it is valid here on the board.

Old 10-18-2008, 08:39 PM

103 posts, read 269,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
as for twotxtwister, you have been here less than a month and you know so much about me? do you have multiple accounts? been here before? maybe an ip check will help because you have only posted in about 7 threads in a few weeks, yet you know who i am?
I know so much about you because I've been lurking for a while and I know a few people of the same people you do and we all share the same opinion. You do know that is possible to lurk, don't you? I have a few friends on this board who have been encouraging me to join. I finally decided to jump in. Why is that a problem?

Anyway, isn't recognition what you seek? You've got it, now you're going to complain because it's not the kind you want. Oh, well...all part of putting yourself out there. You gotta take the good with the bad.

Old 10-18-2008, 09:01 PM

778 posts, read 2,503,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quest51210 View Post
here is another olive branch. the graff paint dealer close to silvercreek is called Supafly.
Not sure what the olive branch is all about but I'm down with the Supafly.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:20 PM

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-a...scussions.html

Old 10-21-2008, 12:17 PM

3,770 posts, read 8,292,219 times
Back to the spray paint issues - I think the city council is full of crap. I recently moved to an area innundated with tagging on both public and private property. The first thing I did was call Philip Cortez's office and speak with his "aide" or whatever, Andrew, and all Andrew could tell me was anything on private property they dont deal with - so all those corner houses with fences full of graffiti is beyon their control - graffiti on community mailboxes is the postal services problem and due to their backlog they will TRY and ATTEMPT to correct the graffiti on the light poles, utility boxes, sidewalks, and streets but apparently they arent in any hurry because 3 months later that crap is still there. Ill believe City Council when I actually SEE city council members up at 5am painting fences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > San Antonio